In this article, we have reviewed the top 10 best document cameras for schools and classrooms. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot or you can scroll down for detailed reviews.
- 1 Best Document Cameras for Schools and Classrooms
- 1.1 #10 DINGYI USB Overhead Document Camera
- 1.2 #9 Ipevo Ziggi-HD Plus USB Document Camera
- 1.3 #8 Elmo 1349 Document Camera
- 1.4 #7 AVerVision U50 USB FlexArm Document Camera
- 1.5 #6 Lumens DC125 Ladibug Document Camera
- 1.6 #5 Epson DC-11 Document Camera
- 1.7 #4 Elmo 1341 model TT-12i Interactive Document Camera
- 1.8 #3 IPEVO Point 2 View USB Document Camera
- 1.9 #2 Lumens DC265 UXGA 6x Optical Zoom Document Camera Projector
- 1.10 #1 IPEVO VZ-1 HD VGA/USB Dual-Mode Document Camera (Double Product)
- 2 Conclusion for Best Document cameras for Schools and Classroom
- 3 Frequently Asked Question for Best Document cameras for Schools and Classroom -FAQs
There was a time when learning meant long paragraphs written on a blackboard which were explained by the teacher making the lectures long and boring.
Advancement in technology gave birth to overhead projector bringing visual images inside the classroom, boardrooms thus, making concept understanding easier. OHP’s was confined to the shadows that were displayed on the screen bringing limitations in size and clarity.
This shortcoming was handled by the creation of a Document Camera which not only made the presentations exciting but also displayed 3-D images from books, papers, designs, etc. Now, the users got involved till the end of the presentation and made learning a piece of cake. With endless applications in places like boardrooms, courtrooms, and classrooms,
I have brought a list of Best Document Camera that will be a useful addition to your whiteboard. So, let’s start.
Best Document Cameras for Schools and Classrooms
Starting with our list, we have 5MP document camera by Dingyi giving a CMOS sensor for uniform image quality.
A3 size display can be easily captured and displayed with such efficient camera. A3 size being the maximum capture size, you get a resolution of 2592 x 1944. The supported picture format is JPG, TIFF, PNG, and BMP while the documents in PDF, Word, JPG, TXT format can be easily read in presentations.
You get an option to connect the USB cable to a port for further transfer of images and videos. The built-in LED light helps enhance the 3D object presentation making learning a fun learning experience.
The video format is AVI and the hardware supports all types of computers. Supported Operating Systems are Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, win7, win8, win10 system.
With so many features on the list, Dyingi is certified by FCC, CE, and RHOS. When delivered you get the Document Camera Scanner, a USB Cable, A4 Manual, CD-ROM software. And if your PC does not have the CD-ROM or the CD can’t read you can download the way on A4 paper manual.
Further, positioning mat helps you keep the document camera stable at its place. You also get PDF of installation Manual for Document camera scanner software Pro, User Manual for Document camera scanner software Lite.
The next up in the list is Ipevo Ziggi HD plus Document camera featuring the 8-megapixel camera that produces 3264 x 2448 pixels when connected to PC or Mac.
You get a zooming range of 12x all thanks to the IPEVO presenter software. The image clarity is maintained even after the maximum zoom is achieved making te HD images look as it is.
The maximum shooting area is 13.46 x 10.04 with full HD video capture option of 30 fps. Notably, this fps is more than the one offered in movie theatres (24 fps). The autofocus lens helps you make the image clear delivering a combination of high definition and high resolution image at the time.
The camera is compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OS X 10.8 and Chrome book.
Working with an integrated circuit chip, Ziggi opts for modern working platform compared to its predecessors. The camera weighs 2.4 pounds making it easier to carry to several places. Further, the product dimensions of this handy camera are 4.9 x 10.6 x 3.2 inches making transportation simpler.
With so many features to display IPEVO is one of the best and affordable camera costing much less than other conventional cameras. So, take advantage of this marvelous camera to enhance your classroom to the next level.
- 8. 0 Megapixel camera; For Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8. 1, 10, Mac OS X 10. 9 and above and Chromebook
- Ziggi-HD Plus's high-resolution 8 Megapixel camera can achieve up to 3264 x 2448 pixels when directly connected to PC or Mac. Max shooting area: 13. 46” x 10. 04” (342 x 255mm)
- Up to 30 fps live video capture (at full HD)
- Multi-jointed stand and swiveling head for effortless, versatile capture
- Full autofocus lens; USB 2. 0 Video Class (UVC) interface
With lot many amazing cameras waiting in the list, let’s have a look at another amazing document camera brought by Elmo.
The 1349 interactive camera features 3.4 MP cameras providing 2144 x 1588 pixel resolutions. At full HD view, you get fps of 30 while 15 fps is guaranteed at 3264 x 2448 pixels. Capturing of fast moving scenes becomes way easier due to the extraordinary zoom feature. Don’t be surprised after looking at the zoom frequency which counts up to 96 X. 12X optical zoom and 8 X digital zoom combined to give you such an amazing zooming feature.
Weighing 11 pounds, the camera can be comfortably carried along with you, and switching between classrooms will become a simpler task. The camera efficiently supports USB, VGI, and HDMI connections helping you in the importation and exportation of data conveniently.
Features like the built-in switcher, audio input/output take it one step ahead of other cameras. Summarizing all the features mentioned above, this camera is surely one of the best document cameras available in the market. If you are high on the budget then don’t think twice before buying this eye-catchy white-colored document camera designed by Elmo.
- 1/2.8" CMOS sensor 3,400,000 pixels Image pick-up device; Total pixels 2,144 (H) x 1,588 (V); Effective pixels: 1,920 (H) x 1,536 (V)
- Powerful 96x Zoom and 3.4-Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor, Smooth Moving Images at 30 fps
- Built-in Switcher, HDMI Input, Adjustable Free-Angle Camera Head & Arm View Material from Various Angles
- Zoom Dial & One Push AF Button, Audio Input & Output, Presentation Support Tools
- Power source: 12V DC (AC adapter AC 100 - 240V)
The next Document camera is brought by AverVision U50 Flex arm document camera featuring a flexible swan neck for better display on whiteboards.
The 5 MP camera features 8X zoom with video capture speed of 30 fps, more than the movie theatre. The final image on the screen can be zoomed to a larger extent giving every minute detail about the Image making it easier during biology lessons.
Aver Vision is light weighted weighing 5 pounds with product dimensions 8 x 4 x 2 inches. You also get a built-in LED light that illuminates every object that comes under the camera.
Talking about the base, the camera stands on a sturdy, flexible base that makes it easier to fold and store in a drawer. Giving maximum flexibility, the camera is portable and carried along requiring very little storage space.
The built-in mic and LED lights are the additional features you get that no other document camera can offer at the same price. The image resolution is 2592 x 1944 pixels and the camera is compatible with USB 2.0 connection.
- HIGH QUALITY CAPTURE: Never miss a moment with the U50 Document Camera. Capture stunning video from 1080p HD up to 1944p. The 30fps, 5mp capture means you can switch between using it as a webcam or use the overhead view to present documents.
- READY TO GO: Just plug into any USB connection and you're up and running! The arm features a built-in microphone, and an LED light you can turn on or off. The arm twists and bends at any angle to make setup and positioning easy. Everything folds away into a convenient portable travel package.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: Our webcams have it all. You can zoom in to 8x to show fine details, show specific sections of a document, or if you're sitting far away. The camera features a convenient autofocus button so you can always be sure you're getting crystal clarity.
- SUPERIOR COMPATIBILITY: AVer Document Cameras are designed to work out of the box with whatever program you need. The simple interface works with PC, Microsoft Windows, Mac, and Chromebooks.
Lumen brings in document camera displaying full HD 1080p resolution with a frame rate as high as 30 fps i.e. higher than 24 fps used in movie theatres.
The professional image sensor will help easily adjust the brightness and contrast of the image with a less noisy image production. Lumen supports HD QXGA, SXGA and 1080p.
Looking at its highly flexible gooseneck, you get the ease of movement for hands-free autofocusing. The camera adjusts with all kinds of whiteboards giving a crisp image quality from a long distance as you are blessed with 8x digital zoom.
The control panel at the base features lamp on-off, image freeze, capture, and image optimization to adjust sharpness, brightness and focus giving out the best image possible. Its versatility can be noticed from the fact that the camera can record images and sounds simultaneously.
The lamp displays USB 2.0 (480 Mbps), high-speed transmission with a 0-180 degree flip for better adjustability. This is achieved by the built-in camera of 5 megapixels that doubles up as a webcam making it worthier than other costly document cameras.
Lumen Ladibug is lightweight, flexible and portable document camera weighing 3 pounds. The attractive design and the shimmering red colour make it an efficient object in the classroom. The easy control panel combines with the 5-year warranty making it one of the best document cameras for classrooms.
- Product Type:Video Projector
- Item Package Dimension:14.478 cm L X 17.526 cm W X 33.782 cm H
- Item Package Weight:1.61 kg
- Country Of Origin: China
Epson is one of the known brands being the leading manufacturer of printers, scanners and projectors. As time flew by, Epson decided to come up with another reliable solution to replace the projector with Document Cameras.
The DC-11 is one such invention by Epson coming with 5MP camera and a frame speed of 30 fps. Holding a strong durable design, the camera is compact providing 10x zoom and auto select options for selecting monitors resolution like SXGA, WXGA.
Packed with advanced software that supports PC and Mac, the camera features USB/VGA/composite SD slot and microscopic adapter. The USB connectivity allows you to upload images, videos presentations while the split screen helps you in multitasking.
The autofocus reduces your task of adjusting the screen whereas image can be oriented according to your will. Available in white color, the camera weighs 9.2 pounds displaying two full pages with extraordinary quality at the same time.
The camera switches between a PC/laptop and the camera when using a projector. You get space up to 1GB with the built-in LED light coming in handy in dark. Overall, with so many features in single documentary camera, the finished product is simple looking, compact space saving camera creating a healthy learning environment.
- 5 megapixel sensor, 30 frames-per-second video
- 12" x 17" capture, 10x zoom, Auto-select SXGA/WXGA/XGA
- A/V capture, built-in mic, Advanced software for PC/Mac
- USB/VGA/Composite & SD slot, Microscope adapter included
- Split screen feature, Built-in LED light, 1GB memory
Elmo 1341 features a powerful 96x zoom and a 3.4 MP CMOS image sensor. You get a flexible arm and head which produces clear moving images at 30 fps.
The camera smoothly adjusts with the classroom interface technology producing larger zoom and different camera angles creating dynamic lessons that enhance student performance. Supporting output resolutions like 1080p, 720p, SXGA, WXGA, XGA, NTSC/PAL, the presentations can be saved on external memory SD Memory Card or USB Flash Drive).
Moreover, the students who missed their classes can receive the recorded presentations when uploaded on a server. Elmo feeds on 12V DC (AC adapter AC 100 – 240V) and the Power Consumption is 16.2 W (AC adapter included).
The camera dimensions are 21 x 16 x 10 inches with a weight of 13 pounds. Elmo can also be used as a webcam and is a perfect device for party, classrooms, boardroom meetings with its compact design fitting in backpacks, small gift bags and other small bags.
- UVC USB Video Class Compliant; Powerful 96X Zoom and 3.4 Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor; Adjustable Free-Angle Camera Head & Arm; Zoom Dial & AF Button.
- Multiple Output Resolutions: 1080p, 720p, SXGA, WXGA, XGA, NTSC/PAL; Smooth Moving Images at 30 FPS; Audio Input & output.
- Presentation Support Tools; Save Classroom Presentations on External Memory (SD Memory Card or USB Flash Drive); Record Lessons and Upload on the Server for Absent Students.
- Power Source: 12V DC (AC adapter AC 100 - 240V); Power Consumption: 16.2 W (AC adapter included)Dimensions: (WXDXH); 14" x 14 11/16" 16 3/16" (355 x 373.5 x 426.5 mm) setup; 7 11/16" x 11 9/16" x 18 7/16" (195 x 294 x 469 mm) folded; Weight: Approx. 7.1 lbs (3.2 kg) (main unit only)
IPEVO point 2 view document camera has multi-joint stand to position it in different directions while demonstrations.
You get a 2MP camera resulting in awesome images from a distance as close as 5 centimetres. The versatility can be seen by the fact that the camera offers VGA connections for providing live streaming of images directly to the projector or the monitor.
Use the USB cord to connect your PC or Mac. You will be surprised with the quality of the documents, artworks captured from devices like tablets, smart phones hard copy etc.
You get an extra grip to hold the camera like a pen so that you can point it towards the required object with ease. Close up video and snapshots will give you crystal clarity making further interaction easier.
Click the satisfactory snapshot and save, share with the remaining classmates such that learning remains a continuous process at homes as well. The one-touch button functions as zoom, focus, resolution, and image capture making it convenient for use.
Editing, viewing, and thumbnail organization can be done by the review mode where you get easier access to project images on larger screens during presentations. Compatible with Skype, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, and AOL, Point to view is the most convenient document camera present in the market right now proving its value for money. This masterpiece weighs 1.3 pounds making it portable to carry during your working hours.
- Versatile, powerful, and compact USB document camera - at a price that will surprise you
- Multi-jointed stand positions camera for documents, objects, and hands-on demonstrations
- 2 Megapixel camera; macro mode for exceptional images from as close as 2” (5 cm) away
- Custom software and one-touch snapshot feature for capturing images to your hard drive
- Continuous or single-click autofocus for sharp, clear text and details, every time;Mac, Windows & Chrome OS compatible
Moving an inch closer to the end of this list, I give you Lumens DC265 camera. Boasting its high resolution of 1080p, the 5 MP camera smoothly supports video resolutions like SXGA, UXGA, and XGA along with the fps of 30.
The camera houses two lamps on either side giving bright images in dark environments. It solely depends on the initial setup of the user presentation backed by how efficiently you use those extra lights.
The camera proudly serves you 6x zoom making it more reliable to initialize the presentation in a more detailed manner. Moreover, you will be glad to know that an extra 8X zoom digital zoom promises to make your presentation superior to others.
You get all the time and space to give a longer presentation as the camera supports SD card slot up to 32 GB. You get an internal memory for 240 JPEG images helping you store more than 5 presentations on average.
It features a built-in microphone to help you interact with the students while observing their curiosity during the lectures. Lumen DC 265 doesn’t need a computer, holds audio/video recording and playback button such that you can easily switch between slides. The document camera weighs 7 pounds and can easily connect to PC, laptops, TV with the help of HDMI, USB, and VGA.
So, if you want to gain some limelight in the boardroom meetings, this document camera is worth spending for offering two bright side lights with the dual zoom feature.
- High-Resolution 1080p, UXGA, SXGA, and XGA
- 6x Optical Zoom, Manual Zoom and 8x Digital Zoom
- Internal Memory for 240 JPEG Images
- Built-In Microphone
- SD Card Slot - Accepts up to 32 GB
The winner f this list is IPEVO VZ-1 VGA/USB camera which seems to be a perfect tool for a dynamic learning environment.
Displaying textbooks, experiments and 3D objects will become easier and will promote interactive session. It has a 5MP camera that successfully displays two full pages with amazing clarity and detail.
The resolution for VGA is 1920 x 1080 pixels while you get 2592 x 1944 pixels on PC or Mac with a frame speed of 30 fps. It offers a marvelous zoom range of 12x making everything far object in a crystal clear portrait.
The built-in microphone helps you to capture clear quality sound giving out interesting QnA sessions. A lecture missed will not make you worried as the recorded videos can be uploaded to the classroom website making it accessible to everyone and all the time.
The split-screen helps you explain the complex diagrams while playing the video simultaneously. The flexible head can rotate up to 270 degrees covering larger angles on the desk thus, saving your time. IPEVO features USB and VGA connectivity, allowing it to be used with or without a computer. This helps you to continue the presentation even when your computer shuts down for the day.
The small footprint saves space and the swiveling head makes it easier. For computer mode, you get IPEVO Presenter software with a complete image capture toolkit. A toggle switch for optimum exposure and two switchable focus modes help you make your presentation more presentable.
The mirroring and digital zoom are few more features achieved through IPEVO Presenter Software. Once your presentation is over, the camera folds together for compact storage or easier transportation between boardrooms, classrooms, or any other workplace. Take complete advantage of this camera and create your own disaster-free presentation.
- Features an 8 Megapixel camera for capturing Ultra High Definition live images up to 3264 x 2448 pixels
- High frame rate for lag-free live streaming – streams at up to 30 fps at full HD, and up to 15 fps at 3264 x 2448 pixel
- Fast focusing speed helps minimize interruptions for frequent switching between different materials; features Sony CMOS Image Sensor for exceptional noise reduction and color Reproduction – great for capturing in dimly lit environments
- Designed and made in Taiwan. Multi-jointed stand offers a simple fix for tightening loose joints caused by heavy daily use.Max Shooting Area:13.46 inch x 10.04 inch
- Works with a variety of software and applications on Mac, PC and Chromebook that allows you to use it in different ways. System Requirements - Mac Intel Core i5 CPU 2.5 GHz or higher, OS X 10.10 or higher, Solid-state drive, and 200MB of free hard disk space, 256MB of dedicated video memory (For lag-free live streaming up to 1920 x 1080, and video recording of 1920 x 1080). Windows Recommended Requirements - Microsoft Windows 10,Intel Core i5 CPU 3.40 GHz or higher, 4 GB RAM, 200MB of free hard disk space, 256MB of dedicated video memory (For lag-free live streaming up to 1920 x 1080, and video recording of 1920 x 1080)
Conclusion for Best Document cameras for Schools and Classroom
So this is the end of my list helping you summarizing with some of the best document cameras available on the market. Every camera serves its purpose efficiently while serving you features like zoom, resolutions, connectivity, portability, adjustability and interactivity.
I would love to buy any of the above cameras as each competitor in the list holds the mentioned features with minute changes in the frequency.
Price has been a major factor in enhancing the features and the list has given equal importance to high priced and low priced document camera. Giving preference to user choice, I hope my article helped you in tagging some of the best document cameras from the huge pool outside.
Add a pinch of technology to the classroom and make teaching a fun thing. Hope you have a good day ahead!
Frequently Asked Question for Best Document cameras for Schools and Classroom -FAQs
- Out if these Which document camera is compatible with the Windows PC?
Mostly all of them are compatible with Windows PC, and not only windows PC plus MacBook users can also use it without any software upgradation. I’ve been using a document camera to present some critical documents by using it with my windows laptop, and to date, I haven’t faced any Kind of trouble.
So yes, you can enjoy the document camera without any bug but before plugging into your PC make sure you have the latest version of Windows running in your PC because it will help to capture things more clearly and without any problems.
- Does autofocusing take too much time for this document camera while scanning an object?
Probably no. Because I’ve seen document cameras working fine with any type of object, but sometimes it depends upon the camera quality of it. Some document cameras which come with excellent auto zooming feature will be able to capture an object immediately without any blur. So yes, it might take a few fractions of a second to catch a purpose, but not all of the document cameras give such kind of problems.
- Is the quality of the projector would matter if I want to display it to a large audience or can I rely on the great features of the document camera?
Yes. Whenever you’re doing a presentation using a document camera what you must ensure is that the projector is of excellent quality otherwise there won’t be a magnificent display of objects captured by the high functioning document camera. I have seen many peoples complaining about the picture quality being displayed on the projector so before making a presentation make sure it’s in excellent condition.
- I’ve never used this type of document camera so is it easy or hard to apply for the newbies like me?
Nothing to worry about. There are always some things which seem pretty much hard to operate but they are very simple if you know what you have to do with them and document cameras are also one of them. If you haven’t used any type of document cameras before then, you can always refer to the manual guide which is provided by the company along with the product, or you can watch a good tutorial video on youtube too but don’t worry about it because they are very easy to operate.
- Why some of the document cameras which you have mentioned have such a low-quality camera built in it?
None of those mentioned above document cameras which we have listed have a low-quality camera. Yes, it might differ from every other document camera, but all of them provide stable quality.
- Which of these can be good to use at office meetings or an office?
Almost all of them. We haven’t listed these document cameras according to their purpose to use we listed them according to their quality. When you are making a presentation in an office, it’s better to use a document camera which will clearly see the objects without any blur and to do that you shall go with any of the above written top 10 document cameras.