Some people prefer to simply go for a costly gaming chair for upwards of $400, believing that it gives them the best quality. Many others cannot afford that level of extravagance and want something more pocket-friendly. If you’re one of those prudent people that like to get value for their coin, Killabee is one of the best brands that will give you high-end chairs at affordable prices.
Killabee is a desk chair manufacturer headquartered in Zhejiang, China. It was started in 2001 and was making office chairs for general use. In 2013, they identified a need for more comfortable chairs fit for long term sitting sessions. This market especially targets gamers. In line with this, they rolled out their first range of high quality and affordable gaming chairs in 2014.
Killabee chairs are based on the classic racing chair design found in high end racing cars. This means full back support, ergonomics, wings on the back and bucket seats for a close fit with the body. However, Killabee also did some in-house research and came up with a few innovations that make their chairs stand out.
- 1 Top 3 Killabee Gaming Chair Reviews
Killabee Gaming Chair Pros and Cons
Killabee gaming chairs are a very sturdy and comfortable selection of gaming chairs. Killabee has gone out of its way to create an iconic brand of gaming chairs with super comfort, first-class material, a host of extra features and all these at great prices. When we looked at their most popular models in the various categories, we were able to pick out several points we feel are a plus for Killabee.
- Killabee gaming chairs are big and wide. Just looking at them, you can tell that they are made to cater not only for lean people but also for our larger friends. They have slightly raised sides and the conventional ‘waterfall’ lip to give more wiggle room.
- Sturdy. This is a feature that comes standard with all Killabee gaming chairs. They have a steel frame for extra strength and most come with class IV gas spring levers for height adjustment.
- Comfortable. All Killabee gaming chairs are very comfortable. They feature extra-thick cushions made of cold cured foam for the perfect mix of give and resilience.
- Footrests. Killabee has fixed a retractable armrest in all their gaming chairs, a feature that you may not find in most other models. It gets out of the way when you need to work and can be pulled out in a moment when you need to relax.
- High-quality PU leather material for a classy material, durability, and easy cleaning.
- Pocket-friendly. This is perhaps the best feature about Killabee. With these and many more exclusive features, Killabee remains one of the most affordable chair models that give great value.
- For most models, the armrest is fixed. This could be a turn off for some people who might prefer 3D or 4D armrests.
- In the lower end models ($130 and below) the PU leather can wear quickly with intense use.
Top 3 Killabee Gaming Chair Reviews
1. KILLABEE Massage Gaming Chair
It may look like any other run-of-mill gaming chair at first sight, but a closer inspection will show you just how good this chair is. The racing chair design looks really good with pronounced wings on the backrest. The seat is flat with a slightly raised lip, which looks very comfortable.
The cushions on this chair feel thick, and even after a long time sitting, they still retain their shape and feel. This Killabee gaming chair also comes with a pleasant surprise, that is, the vibrating massager built into the lumbar support cushion. This is a feature that usually only available in high-end chairs for a much higher price.
The chair itself is stable and feels strong, moves easily over any floor, and feels like it can handle a lot of punishment without complaining.
- Very sturdy steel frame for extra strength and durability.
- High strength nylon base made of PP plastic, gives great stability while keeping prices low.
- High back racing chair design with pronounced wings.
- Flat wide seat to accommodate people of all sizes, from slim ones to big ones. Only the front lips slightly raised to give a closer fit for extra comfort.
- Class III explosion-proof SGS gas lift mechanism for height adjustment. It can support up to 250 pounds of weight, or (113.4kg).
- Super thick cushions on the seat and backrest ensure maximum comfort even during extended gaming sessions. The Killabee gaming chairs have some of the thickest upholstery you can find on any gaming seat, being over 4” thick.
- A removable, adjustable lumbar support cushion with inbuilt USB massage function. This is an exciting feature that lets users initiate a vibrating massage for your back when you’re really tired and just want to lose some tension.
- Wide retractable footrest. The footrest can be extended easily when you want to relax your legs while reclining. It folds back in completely to get out of your way when needed.
- Comfortable, durable faux leather material cover finished to a high standard, gives it a premium look. It also fluid and odor resistant as well as being very easy to clean.
- Smooth-rolling colored castor wheels suitable for just about any type of flooring.
- Fixed armrests with extra padding for comfort. They pull back with the backrest courtesy of a pivot.
- Tilt mechanism with lock. The chair has a tilt range of 90° to 175° for different uses. 90° is typically used for working, 110° for gaming, 130° for reading while 150° to 175° is perfect for a quick nap.
- Chair dimensions: 26.0” L by 26.0” W by 48.4” to 51.2” H
- Seat dimensions: 21.3” L by 20.1” W
- Backrest Dimensions: 21.3″ L by 31.9″ H
- Chair weight: 55 lbs (24.9kg)
- Maximum weight supported: 250 lbs (113.4kg)
- Material: Steel, PP plastic, high-quality PU leather, Nylon.
2. KILLABEE Adjustable Built-in Lumbar Support Gaming Chair
This is one of the most innovative gaming chairs under the $200 price range. Killabee has included some great features in this chair: molded metal base, internal lumbar support, and huge seating area, just to name a few.
The first thing you notice about this chair is its size. It is huge, with a winged back after the classic racing chair design and a flat seat. The overall effect may be a bit frightening for smaller users, but surprisingly once you sit on it all that disappears.
Another thing you will immediately notice is the shiny metal base. Made out of molded metal, it gives this chair a very classy look. Not to mention, it is very durable and stable.
You will also notice the apparent lack of lumbar support, a feature that comes standard with almost any gaming chair. This is because this Killabee gaming chair sports an internal lumbar support system. After the fashion of legendary chairs like Kracer, all you need to do is touch a dial on the chair and the lower backrest expands to fit your back contours, and you can adjust this as much as you like. No more fumbling with cushions that don’t seem to want to be there.
We can safely say that this Killabee chair with internal lumbar support is the cream of budget chairs, especially if you are a large guy tired of flimsy chairs. This here is the real deal.
- Full metal frame for maximum strength, support, and durability.
- Molded metal base in a 5-pointed star design rolling easily on PU leather castors. This ensures the stability and longevity of the entire chair.
- High-quality PU leather material, for durability, a premium look and feel, and resistance to dirt.
- 1D adjustable armrests, that is, you can change their height either up or down.
- Cold cured foam for padding, ensures maximum comfort and resilience.
- Internal lumbar support system for a closer body fit and top-notch ergonomics.
- Choice of grey and black colors, perfect for home or office work.
- PU leather castor wheels for easy, silent motion on any type of floor.
- Extra thick cushions for added comfort even during long intensive gaming sessions.
- Wide seating space, with a flat seat and slightly angled wings for minimal intrusion.
- Class IV heavy-duty gas spring mechanism, explosion-proof and able to support up to 300 pounds of weight. (136kg.)
- Tilt lock adjustment from 90° to 135°.
- Overall size: 28.0” L by 26.0” W by 48.0” to 51.2” H
- Seat dimensions: 21.3” L by 21.3” W
- Backrest dimensions: 20.9” by 31.9”
- Item weight: 57.5 lbs (26kg)
- Maximum supported weight: 300 lbs (136kg)
- Material: Steel, PU leather, Nylon.
- Color: Black or grey.
3. KILLABEE Big and Tall 350lb Massage Gaming Chair
This is another chair from Killabee that stands out for its massive size and sturdy build. Just as its name suggests, this chair is meant for big people. It features a large seat size with flat sides and large tall back with slightly angled wings.
For support, you’ll also see the metal 5 point star base which provides added stability. You also notice the extra padded upholstery for comfort. This chair also comes with a vibrating massage function built into the lumbar support cushion, a very nifty feature that is perfect for getting the tension out of your back after a session on intense gaming.
This Killabee large and big chair also comes with a retractable footrest that is perfect for resting your feet on when you’re reclining. In general, if you’re big and want a chair that can take your weight easily and keep you comfortable, this is the chair for you.
- Full metal frame for maximum strength.
- Molded metal base, 5 point star shape and rolls on smooth and silent PU castor wheels.
- Class IV gas spring for height adjustment, explosion-proof and supports up to 350 lbs of weight. (158kg)
- Extra thick cold cured foam with an extra layer of memory foam for more comfort and long term resilience.
- High-quality PU leather material, easy to clean and fluid resistant.
- Ergonomic racing chair design with a high back offering full support.
- Removable lumbar support cushion with inbuilt massage function for extra relaxation.
- Retractable footrest, easily extended when you need to rest your feet while reclining and easily put out of the way when not needed.
- Fixed armrests with 1D adjustment capability, that is, up and down.
- Large seat and back with a flat design, to accommodate people of all sizes.
- Tilt mechanism extending from 90° to 155° for different postures, whether for reading, working, gaming or napping.
- Chair dimensions: 22.4” L by 27.6” W by 49.6” H
- Chair weight: 57 lbs (25.8 kg)
- Seat dimensions:22.4” L by 21.7” W
- Backrest dimensions: 22.4” L by 32.7” H
- Material: Steel, high-quality PU leather, Nylon.
- Maximum supported weight: 350 lbs or 158kg.
Killabee makes some great gaming chairs for the price they charge. Each chair is unique, packed full of extra features and comes with an unbeatable price. It may not make the best chairs in the world, but if you’re on a tight budget you really should consider them.
Killabee is also well known for stellar customer support. Within a year of purchase, you can get free replacement of parts or even for the whole chair if need be. And if within 30 days you will not be happy with the chair, you can have your money back. This just goes to show how customer-centered Killabee is.
From what we have seen of Killabee, we recommend it wholeheartedly to every gamer who is looking for a great gaming chair packed full of features, at a very friendly price.