If the chair you’re sitting on starts to feel like concrete after a few hours, then you need a good gaming chair.
There are gaming chairs of all calibers, from cheap functional ones to the high-end expensive models. What lies between them is an interesting mix of undiscovered gems and costly trash. We went through this uncharted middle ground and sampled almost a hundred seats from various manufacturers.
Based on our experience with the seats as well as feedback from other users, we came up with this list of the 7 best gaming chairs going for under $200. So, don’t get confused about all you see on Amazon. Read this guide and find out what gaming seat is best for you today.
- 1 7 Best Gaming Chairs Under $200 for Pro Gamers
7 Best Gaming Chairs Under $200 for Pro Gamers
The GTRacing gaming chair is easily the best in this category. The manufacturer, GTRacing, has been in the gaming chair market for years now and is known for making magnificent gaming chairs for all price points.
- Full metal frame for support and strength.
- High-quality faux-leather material gives for a premium look, easy clean and durability.
- Ergonomic design with high back designed to offer total support, up to the neck and head.
- Lumbar and neck support cushions included.
- Tilt mechanism between 90° and 170° with rocking ability, coupled with 360° swivel ability.
- Adjustable armrests can move up and down, back and forth.
The GTRacing gaming chair is a great option that will give you all the basic features you would expect from a gaming chair, at a very affordable price. It will give you superb comfort, and its build is likely to last you years.
Compared with other gaming chairs in this category, the GTRacing chair stands out in several ways.
- Durable. Some manufacturers opt for cheaper plastics which will not last as long as the steel frame in this chair.
- Fully adjustable. For a gamer, it is important to be able to customize every aspect of your chair. The GTRacing gaming chair lets you adjust its tilt up to near horizontal, as well as the armrests.
- Superior comfort. The GTRacing gaming chair has thick padded cushions and comes in an ergonomic design that will allow you long hours of comfort.
- Flashy design. If you want a seat for formal use, this might prove a bit too flashy. For the gamer, however, it is perfect.
If you are usually at your desk for particularly long hours at a time, the AutoFull Gaming chair is for you. It comes with super dense foam cushioning that will give you comfortable support all day, and all night if you wish.
Most gaming chairs tend to sink in when you first sit on them, which is great for temporary comfort. However, if you’re going to be at it for long sessions at a time, it is best to have something resilient and comfortable at the same time.
Comfort is not the only thing you will get from the AutoFull gaming chair though, and it comes with all the other features you want from a mid-range gaming chair.
- Ergonomic racing chair design with wings. Tall back contoured to give full support not only to the back but to the neck and head as well.
- Dense, 45kg/m3 foam cushions for maximum comfort and resilience.
- Reinforced unibody frame for strength and durability.
- Tilt mechanism with lock, adjustable up to 155°. Suitable for all desk functions, including short naps.
- Smooth and soft PU leather material cover. It looks good, is easy to clean and maintain.
- Level 4 gas lift can support up to 300 lbs (136 kg) of weight.
- Padded 2D adjustable armrests.
The AutoFull gaming chair is a very good product for anyone who spends most of their days – and probably nights too – in front of a computer. It is comfortable and remains that way even for prolonged sessions.
This AutoFull gaming chair has a few things that can be said for compared to the rest.
- Design and color theme allows it to be used not only for gaming but for formal office and desk work too.
- Dense cushioning will last much longer while retaining its comfort.
- Large lumbar support cushion gives adequate support to your lower back.
- For the price, we expected a bit more. The chair could recline to 180°, at least.
Merax is another gaming chair brand that you will probably have seen somewhere if you have been looking. Given that the manufacturer decided to put their logo on everything (including the cushions), they must be proud of their creation.
At first try, the Merax gaming chair feels amazing. It comes with soft cushions, made thicker for durability and resistance. You will love the striking design also, which comes in midnight black with prominent stripes of either blue, red or green.
- Classic racing design with a tall, winged close-fitting high back.
- It comes with free adjustable lumbar and headrest support cushions.
- Tilt mechanism with lock. The back can be let back to a full 180°.
- Premium wear-resistant PU leather material for the cover. Easy to clean, soft and comfortable.
- Class III gas lift height adjustment mechanism, able to support up to 250lbs (113kg) in weight.
- Height adjustable armrests.
This is an amazing budget chair! When you first look at the price tag, you don’t expect much from the chair. But once you get it, you know that you’ve got something special. Not only is it very comfortable, it feels very sturdy and durable. It can lean back to a fully horizontal position, and you can take a nap in it just for the sake of it and you will be left much rested and relaxed.
We did mention that the manufacturer overdid it with the logos, but in this case, it is well worth it.
- Super comfortable. Thickly padded cushions, soft and resilient at the same time.
- Attractive racing design, ergonomic and close-fitting. You will feel very secure in this chair during intense sessions.
- Great price, given all the great features you get.
- The flashy design may make it unsuitable for formal environments.
Killabee is one company that has always had a particular focus on value. We’ve had the chance to review a few of their chairs, and they always stand out by the amount of ‘bang for your buck.’ The Killabee Big and Tall massage gaming chair is exactly what it promises.
In this chair, Killabee has managed to put a rechargeable vibrating massager, a footrest, and superb ergonomics all at a very affordable price. It is a great chair for someone who likes to do a lot of stuff at their desk, and its laid back design means that it is great both for formal and informal applications.
- Toned down racing design with a cool color theme, perfect for all sorts of desk work: gaming, streaming, videos, study, work, etc.
- One of a kind massage function built into the armrest will give you unbelievable comfort especially after long sessions.
- Full metal frame supported by a molded metal base for maximum stability and durability.
- Soft high-quality PU leather material for comfort and easy maintenance.
- Wide flat seat and back with heavy cushioning, with a Class IV pneumatic gas lift mechanism that can support up to 350lbs (158 kg) easily.
- 2D adjustable armrests, with up and down motion.
This is a lot of features for a chair at this price point, and it is clear that Killabee has put in a lot of effort into this chair. Like good wine, this chair only seems to get better with time as it breaks in.
- The built-in massager is a nice touch.
- Good for big people, wide and heavy-duty.
- Can be used in any setting, it is a very versatile chair.
- Heavy use will tend to wear away the PU leather material. It is also sensitive to scratches and rough friction.
Another one from Merax, this gaming chair from the U-Knight is the perfect definition of a budget gaming chair. You may get some bad vibes from the word ‘budget.’ Perhaps you imagine a squeaky chair that will give up on you within months, but this Merax chair will change your attitude.
First of all, the design looks and feels fresh. While it is still the classic racing design, the headrest comes in a new U look that is very comfortable. The lumbar support has also been redesigned to be longer and narrower, perfectly fitting the back.
- Striking design with the colors to match.
- The tilt mechanism with lock goes all the way to 175°.
- Adjustable armrests can move up and down.
- Nylon base and class III gas piston lift mechanism. Recommended weight is 225lbs (102kg).
- Ergonomic design, with adjustable lumbar and neck support cushions.
If you’re not too big a person (not many people exceed 225lbs anyway), then this Merax U-knight chair is a very good option. It offers you superb comfort, with cushions that depress easily to accommodate your body. It has everything you might want out of a budget gaming chair.
- Well priced.
- Very comfortable, even compared to other gaming chairs.
- Innovative U support headrest cushion. You might find it a nice addition if you’ll be staring at your monitor for extended periods.
- The build is a bit flimsy if you’re on the heavier side. It might not do too well under heavy usage.
Devoko is a company that specializes in all types of furniture, especially patio furniture. They got into the gaming chair some time ago, and the fact that they have made it onto this list means that they know what they’re doing. This Devoko gaming chair will have you feeling like you’re old buddies before long, what with its flowing curves, attractive stitching, and superior comfort.
- Premium PU leather material which is breathable to keep you cool.
- Thick comfortable cushions.
- The heavy-duty frame can support up to 350lbs (158kg).
- Adjustable armrests can be moved up and down.
- Standard 5-Star base with silent moving castor wheels, covered with PU leather to protect your floor.
- Ergonomic design with a high back and removable, adjustable lumbar and headrest support cushions.
- Appealing design, simplistic with flowing curves.
- Perfect for any application, even office work.
- Breathable PU leather will keep you cool even during intense sessions.
- Many customers complain that if you’re on the heavier side, the pneumatic piston tends to lose out after a year or so. However, this is an issue that Devoko’s customer service is happy to help with.
For some reason, most gaming chairs are designed for extra-large users, and this is one of them. The Cyrola gaming chair is large and heavy duty, designed to accommodate even the heaviest users. Unlike others that make the same claim and fail after some time, the Cyrola actually keeps this end of the bargain.
- Extra wide and extra tall.
- Heavy-duty frame with pneumatic gas lift can support up to 350lbs comfortably (158 kg).
- Ergonomic design with adjustable lumbar and headrest support cushions.
- Retractable footrest.
- It can recline up to 180° and still maintain stability.
- Armrests can be adjusted up and down.
- Extra thick PU leather material for durability, coupled with dense foam cushioning make it ideal for the heavy users.
If your concern is durability, this is the chair for you. From ours and others’ experiences, we can say that this chair will last you the longest, regardless of how much you use it. It is very sturdy, very stable, and very comfortable. It is good value for your money.
- Extra heavy-duty build.
- Wide and tall to fit all types of people.
- Wide range of features, including full horizontal recline and retractable footrest.
- On the flip side, if you’re not so big, this chair may overwhelm you.
Gaming chairs have changed the way we think about comfort, with a ton of benefits for users, especially in terms of health. If you’re thinking about swapping out your crappy chair, changing an old gaming chair or simply buying one for someone, it is good to know that you don’t have to spend too much.
Many manufacturers make gaming chairs under $200, and sifting through all of them will only leave you more confused. We have already done your due diligence for you. Just see which best fits your budget in this selection and you’ll be good to go.