Gaming chairs come in all types and prices. If you’re familiar with them, you know just how crowded the market is. There are budget chairs, fancy top dollar vanity chairs as well as special-purpose ones. Out of all these, how do know the best one for you?
This is the reason why we took this task upon ourselves. On your own, it would take ages to sift through all the information to find out what is good for you (and we know just how ‘useful’ manufacturer descriptions can be). With our resources and experience, we can reach wider and test deeper to find out the truth about the best gaming chairs.
Here you will find a list of premium chairs to fit your needs. We looked at the best gaming chairs from various price points, weight and height specifications, and also considered the build quality.
Read through to find what premium gaming chair will catch your eye.
- 1 7 Best Premium Gaming Chairs under $500 in 2020
- 1.1 1. AK Racing Master’s Series
- 1.2 2. DXRacer Formula Series OH/FH11/NB Gaming Chair
- 1.3 3. VERTAGEAR S-Line SL2000 Gaming Chair
- 1.4 4. DXRacer OH/FD01/NR Formula Series Gaming Chair
- 1.5 5. noblechairs ICON Gaming Chair
- 1.6 6. AKRacing Core Series SX Gaming Chair
- 1.7 7. Arozzi Vernazza Series Super Premium Gaming Chair
- 1.8 Why Should You Buy A Premium Gaming Chair
- 1.9 Conclusion
7 Best Premium Gaming Chairs under $500 in 2020
This is our pick for the best overall gaming chair. You will find that apart from all the usual features found in most gaming chairs, the AKRacing Master’s Series excels in build quality and superior comfort.
- Full metal frame made of high-grade steel for strength and durability.
- Premium grade perforated PU leather material. It is comfortable, easy to maintain and breathable.
- It comes with 70% more cold cured foam than the rest. It makes it more comfortable, resilient and allows more airflow.
- Recline function with tilt lock, rocking mechanism, and tension adjustment. It can go back to 180°.
- 4D adjustable armrests. They can move vertically, sideways and diagonally.
- Class IV pneumatic gas cylinder allowing up to 330lbs of weight.
Although there are fancier gaming chairs that cost more, the AKRacing Master’s Series balances all relevant features at a reasonable price. Some may still find it a bit expensive, but quality always has a price.
- Just like its ads claim, this is a tank of a gaming chair. It will last a lifetime.
- It is superbly comfortable due to thick cushioning.
- Advanced mechanics such as tension adjustment.
- For that price, AKRacing could have included a footrest.
The DXRacer OH/FH/11 is a superb gaming chair that is perfect for tall people of low to medium weight, and especially lady gamers. Like all DXRacer gaming chairs, it is built to impeccable quality and legendary durability.
- Tubular steel frame for durability.
- A combination of mesh and premium PU leather for the cover. This ensures durability and breathability.
- Strong 5 Star base with inlaid color bars.
- 3D adjustable armrests, that is, they can move up, down, and back and forth.
- Tall ergonomic backrest for heights of up to 1.78m (5’9”).
- Weight capacity: 200lbs (90.7kg), recommended weight is 180lbs (81kg).
- Soft padded cushions, medium padded cushioning made of cold cured foam.
- Conventional tilt mechanism that goes up to 135°.
The DXRacer OH/FH/11 is evidently for the lighter games. This chair means business, and it will keep you comfortable and cool for endless gaming sessions. Unless you’re one of those people who go for the overdone plush chairs, this is the perfect chair to keep you on top of your game.
- Its quality build will last for years. The frame even has a lifetime warranty.
- Extra high back that is great for tall lean guys.
- Well priced for a DXRacer chair.
- The gas lift is too limited, even for smaller users. Most chairs have a far higher threshold capacity.
Vertagear is a relatively new company that has been making big strides in the industry. It has even overcome some major brands to become one of the most popular brands, both for fair pricing and quality build. The S-Line SL-2000 is part of the 2000 series that is geared towards great form and function.
- The full steel frame supported by an alloyed aluminum base makes it high strength and durable.
- High-quality PUC faux leather material. It is a combination of bonded leather and PVC that allows it to remain soft yet tough and durable.
- High-density foam material for cushioning. Being almost similar to memory foam, it is denser than the industry average to increase resilience.
- Tilt mechanism with circular knob lock. It leans back to 140° and it allows you to easily adjust the tension to avoid back strain.
- 2D adjustable armrests, which means they can move up and down.
- Class IV gas lift cylinder that can support up to 330 lbs or 150kg of weight.
- Vertagear’s unique slide-in hardware for easy, fast and effortless assembly.
The VERTAGEAR S-Line SL2000 Gaming Chair has gone beyond the usual bland features you find in some gaming chairs. Besides, there is something to be said for a chair that has racked 74.5% of 5 Star reviews.
- Innovative cover material avoids the usual annoying wear of low-grade PU leather due to friction.
- Wide flat design and class IV gas piston make it ideal for large users.
- Innovative hardware build for easy slide-in assembly.
- If you love full reclining, the 140° limit might be annoying.
This DXRacer gaming chair is also for the tall, albeit light, hardcore gamers. It has a low weight capacity, which is sure to raise a few questions. However, if you’re a lady or a teenager, you could never desire a better chair than this one.
- Patent race car design with breathable fabric material.
- Extra tall backrest with DXRacer’s unique double perforation for airflow.
- Bucket seat design and backrest wings give close-fitting comfort.
- Conventional tilt mechanism that goes back to 135°.
- Class III gas piston lift with a recommended weight of 180 lbs (81.6) and a threshold capacity of 200 lbs (90.7).
- Soft armrests that can be adjusted upwards and downwards.
- Tubular steel frame and strong nylon base are strong and durable.
The DXRacer OH/FD01/NR Formula Series Gaming Chair is of premium build and is very popular with pro gamers. Among other DXRacer creations, it is featured prominently during big events such as WCG, as well as being promoted by major teams like CompLexity.
- Premium build design ensures long-lasting comfort.
- The fabric material is comfortable and breathable, perfect for long sessions.
- Patent race car seat design for first-class ergonomics.
- Fabric is hard to maintain and keep clean.
If you were to describe this chair using one word, it would be ‘elegant.’ The ICON by noblechairs (yes, the capitalization is correct, they like it that way.) is designed to be a step ahead of the usual flashy gaming chairs that would be out of place anywhere else but a gaming station.
- It has an elegant design. You can use the chair for any type of desk work.
- Solid steel frame for maximum support and long life.
- Premium PU faux leather material is comfortable and easy to maintain, as well as durable.
- 4D adjustable armrests: I.e, can move up, down, to and fro, and diagonally at any angle.
- Class IV gas piston lift can support up to 330 lbs (150kg).
- Conventional tilt mechanism that can recline up to 135°.
- Superior high-density foam cushioning that is resistant to deforming.
- Ergonomic high backrest design complete with memory foam lumbar and neck support cushions.
Despite the minimalist design and aesthetics, the noblechairs ICON is extravagant when it comes to comfort. With all the advanced features and attention to detail, it is a steal for the price. It is perfect for all types of desk work such as gaming, working, video streaming and studying.
- The elegant design is a fresh inspiration away from all the flashy models you may be used to.
- Advanced design features not likely to be found in generic models at the same price point.
- Very well priced.
- PU leather is hard and might take a few days to weeks of breaking in, depending on your weight and usage.
AKRacing has gone all out to make this the most functional, durable gaming chair in this list. To prove it, it comes with a 5-year warranty on parts (including the PU leather cover) and a 10 year one on the frame. Even as durability goes, the AKRacing Core Series SX gaming chair beats the limits.
- 1st class PU leather material for easy maintenance and long life.
- All-steel frame with a molded metal base for strength and durability.
- 3D armrests that you can adjust vertically as well as sideways.
- Standard class IV gas piston for height adjustment to support up to 330 lbs (150 kg) of weight.
- Backrest tilt mechanism with rocking function. It is one of the few that can recline a full 180°.
- Classic racing design for ergonomics, with a deep bucket seat and hugging backrest.
- High-density cold-cured foam cushions.
Just like other models from AKRacing, the Core Series SX gaming chair is suitable for hardcore gamers. It will keep you comfortable for long sessions and keep doing it for many years, no matter how intensely you use it.
If you have been wearing out your chairs in weeks or months, get this one.
- Superior build quality.
- Bucket design offers close comfort.
- The outstanding warranty will keep you worry-free for years.
- If you are a restless gamer, you may find the bucket seat constricting.
Arozzi is another relatively new company from Europe. The Arozzi Vernazza Super Premium series is its flagship model so far. Their specialty seems to be super-comfortable and affordable gaming chairs, and this time round they live up to it.
- Ultrawide seat and backrest design for superior unrestrictive comfort.
- Soft faux leather cover.
- Cold-molded foam cushioning, made extra thick for a luxurious experience.
- Light steel frame for superior support.
- Standard tilting mechanism with rocking functions, which can lean back a full 180°.
- 3D adjustable armrests which can move vertically and horizontally.
- Stylish design and six color themes available to choose from.
- Heavy-duty class IV gas lift with a capacity of up to 360 lbs (163kg) making it perfect for big and tall users.
If you want luxury at friendly prices, go for this gaming chair. As Italian as it sounds, it is very welcoming even for large and heavy fellas. Add that to its advanced adjustment options, and you will find the Arozzi Vernazza Series super premium gaming chair a very comfortable one.
- Well designed for big and heavy users.
- Very comfortable.
- Friendly price given all the features you get.
- Some users have reported minor issues after intense usage, but nothing worth worrying about.
Why Should You Buy A Premium Gaming Chair
Like most people, you may find yourself making impulsive decisions when buying things online. You may not take the time to follow a comprehensive thought process.
Choosing a good gaming seat is more like finding a good shoe. Since you spend most of your time on it, it had better be comfortable and make the right statement. Some will be hardcore gamers who wouldn’t mind something flashy while still others would prefer something more laid back for formal use.
No matter the reason why you buy a gaming chair, there are a few reasons why you should make it a worthwhile investment.
● Health issues. Normal chairs lack the proper back support which can lead to spinal problems. A good gaming chair will deal fully with such issues.
● Durability. Cheap gaming chairs will usually come apart within a year. This is never worth the money and hassle, and it is better to pay more for one that will last for ages.
● Warranty. You know how shipping can cause problems. A cheap chair with a cheap warranty can cause untold headaches, while the premium ones usually have better support. It also helps with faulty parts.
● Weight/Height limitations. If you’re a tall or heavy fellow, just go for the bigger sturdier chairs. The cheap ones will fold on you so fast you won’t know what happened.
The whole idea of getting a gaming chair is to change your desk experience entirely. It means getting as comfortable as possible while taking care of your back. If you go from one cheap office chair to another cheap loosely disguised ‘gaming chair’, you’ve made no steps at all.
This list of premium gaming chairs has something put in there for everyone. Hopefully, you found yours too. Get it right now, and you will never regret the decision.