Gaming chairs are designed to fit like a glove. They follow the spine contours, hug your sides by their winged backs, and your bottom through raised sides. This feature gives them maximum comfort, but it also means that not everybody can use a particular chair. A good gaming chair will fit your body size and shape accordingly.
For short people, this might sound like a study in futility. But now that you’re here, you can stop worrying and read through to find the best gaming chairs for short people.
We scoured the different gaming chairs produced by manufacturers and tested each of them. We also collected feedback from a wide range of short people and kids. This information was used to come up with this list of the best gaming chairs for short people.
- 1 6 Best Gaming Chair for Short People in 2020
- 1.1 1. DXRacer Office Gaming Chair Formula Series OH/FD01/NR
- 1.2 2. AKRacing AK BK/RD Core Series EX Gaming Chair, Black/Red
- 1.3 3. Homall Gaming Office Chair Computer Chair
- 1.4 4. Furmax Office Chair Desk Leather Gaming Chair, High Back Ergonomic Adjustable Racing Chair
- 1.5 5. Coavas Gaming Chair Office Desk Chair High Back Ergonomic Game Racing Chair
- 1.6 6. Essentials Racing Style Leather Gaming Chair – Ergonomic Swivel Computer, Office or Gaming Chair
- 2 Why Not Opt for a Big Gaming Chair for Short People
6 Best Gaming Chair for Short People in 2020
To find the best gaming chair, we had to look for a few features. These include backrest height, seat dimensions, and chair height. All manufacturers we considered have a range of chair sizes so that it was a matter of finding which are best for small-bodied people.
In the end, we settled on the following gaming seats for any short person.
1. DXRacer Office Gaming Chair Formula Series OH/FD01/NR
The DXRacer is one of the best gaming chair manufacturers on the market. Some of the biggest eSports teams like Dignitas, Fnatic, and CompLexity endorse this brand, a testament to their quality.
The DXRacer OH/FD01/NR Formula series is the best of the smaller size gaming chairs. Here’s why.
- Patent race car design, with ergonomic features for superior comfort.
- It is made of robust and breathable mesh fabric that keeps you cool even during extended gaming sessions. Very durable and comfortable.
- The DXRacer Office Gaming Chair comes with free removable lumbar and neck support cushions. These can be adjusted for height to fit any body type.
- Adjustable arms with conventional 1D adjustments (that is, up and down).
- Cushions are made of high-density cold-cured foam interior for maximum comfort and durability.
- It has a tilt lock mechanism with an angle adjustment of up to 135°, as well as tension adjustment and rocking capability.
- It is made of very durable steel frame with a lifetime warranty on the frame and a 2-year warranty on replacement parts.
- Nylon base may be a bit flimsy for some people. A better one would be made of metal for durability.
- Mesh fabric collects dirt easily and is hard to clean.
- Tilt is limited to 135°.
2. AKRacing AK BK/RD Core Series EX Gaming Chair, Black/Red
The AKRacing AK BK/RD core series EX is one of the most durable, most comfortable gaming chairs you can get. It stands out from the rest of the lot in many ways. Some of its best features include the following:
- It is made of an all-steel frame, supporting up to 330lbs and guaranteed to last at least ten years. Manufacturer’s warranty supports this guarantee.
- The cushions of the AKRacing AK BK/RD Core Series are made of high quality soft, breathable fabric cover for ultimate comfort. This fabric upholstery is the strongest and most durable you’re likely to find on any gaming chair.
- It’s Class IV gas spring allows perfect height adjustment and long service time. It can support up to 330 lbs/149.7kg. A class III would easily do the job, but AKRacing went one step further to improve durability.
- Full 180° tilt capability against the 135° to 160° range that is offered by most others.
- Its 3D adjustable armrests can move up, down, back and forth and can rotate in both directions.
- Comes standard with removable/adjustable lumbar and neck support cushions.
- Cushions consist of high-density shaping foam interior for long term comfort.
- It stands on a steel 5 star base for maximum durability and stability.
- The fabric material is hard to clean, collects dust particles and odors quickly. Not suitable for liquid spills.
- The price is on the higher side in comparison to other models.
3. Homall Gaming Office Chair Computer Chair
Homall is one of the bestselling budget chair brands on Amazon. They have been making luxury gaming chairs, lounge chairs, bar lounges, and other furniture for decades now.
This particular Homall gaming chair looks and feels very sturdy. Combined with the stylish PU leather material and racing chair design, it is altogether quite a steal for the price charged.
- Comes with removable lumbar and neck support for improved comfort, also helps prevent back problems.
- It has a sturdy frame with a metal base. This ensures maximum durability and allows it to support a higher weight limit, up to 260lbs (118kg).
- It features a class III gas lift mechanism for easy height adjustment. Also supports up to 260 lbs in weight, with a recommended limit of about 240 pounds.
- High-quality PU leather cover material gives it a stylish look; it is also durable and easy to clean.
- Tilt lock mechanism allows the chair to be lean to 180°. You can catch a quick nap in it this way to rest. Also has a rocking function support by the stiff tilt lock.
- Great price for a chair packed full of premium features.
- The faux leather material starts to wear out quite easily after about a year of intense use.
- Armrests are fixed and offer no options for adjustments.
- The seat cushions are not thick enough for extended periods and may start to feel hard if you sit for too long.
4. Furmax Office Chair Desk Leather Gaming Chair, High Back Ergonomic Adjustable Racing Chair
The Furmax office/desk chair has a #1 bestseller badge on Amazon and over 1850 customer reviews (57% are 5 star). This is partly because the Furmax is designed to be used both for gaming and for office work. This option gives it an edge in both markets. Secondly, its simplistic design is very comfortable.
- 3-inch thick seat pad coupled with a 2-inch backrest for optimum comfort.
- High backrest, will reach ear level easily for people of up to 6’2” in height. Taller people can use it too, but it will be a bit lower.
- Class III gas piston lift mechanism for easy height adjustment. Can support up to 260 pounds/118kg.
- 360° swivel function coupled with smooth moving caster wheels, which gives you excellent mobility.
- Strong and durable mesh fabric, very comfortable, and is breathable. This helps keep you cool during long sessions.
- It’s wide, roomy seat and the wide backrest is perfect for those who prefer more freedom of posture, as well as those with larger bodies.
- Fixed armrests deny you the chance to make any adjustments.
- Mesh fabric gets dirty very quickly and is a nightmare to clean if you accidentally spill any fluid on it.
- Lack of lumbar and neck support makes it unsuitable for extended gaming sessions.
5. Coavas Gaming Chair Office Desk Chair High Back Ergonomic Game Racing Chair
If you are more on the shorter side, this is the chair for you. The Coavas Office/Study/gaming chair is a great option that comes at a very affordable price of under $100. It is comfortable, sturdy and functional.
Once you purchase the seat, you will quickly discover how easy it is to put together. You can assemble it easily within 15 minutes, and it comes with the tools you would need. In general, it is a no-frills, functional gaming chair that is also great for studying, office work and watching movies.
- The Coavas Gaming/Office chair is affordable and gives excellent value for money. It is perfect for anyone who wants a comfortable chair but does not want to splurge $400 on the high-end ones.
- It is made of a mix of breathable mesh fabric and faux leather. This makes the chair very comfortable to sit on and keeps you cool even during prolonged gaming sessions.
- Thick 3 inch seat cushion and 2-inch backrest gives you the comfort you need for your body. Even after a long time sitting, it still feels solid.
- It is built around a metal frame and base, for maximum durability and weight support.
- It is fitted with a class III gas piston spring for height adjustment, which can support up to 280 lbs of weight (127kg).
- It sits on a sturdy, metallic 5-star base fixed with mute rolling castor wheels.
- Ergonomic design with high backrest lets your body lean naturally without straining.
- The conventional design makes it a multipurpose chair for all desk functions, from office work to studying and gaming.
- One of its most significant drawbacks is the lack of a tilt lock mechanism for leaning back. It is meant to be purely functional, so if you like some more features, this may not be the chair for you.
- Fixed armrests. With this chair, you are stuck with the armrests as they are unless you opt to do away with them.
- The chair does not come with cushions for lumbar and neck support.
6. Essentials Racing Style Leather Gaming Chair – Ergonomic Swivel Computer, Office or Gaming Chair
This Essentials Racing chair has over 2000 reviews on Amazon, with over 1000 being five stars and bears a proud Amazon’s choice badge. This fact shows you that you will be getting incredible value for your money. If you’re a particularly short person, this is the chair for you.
- Ergonomic racing car design with headrest and winged back for maximum comfort.
- Its cushions consist of thick 3-inch seat padding with cold-cured shaping foam inside for maximum comfort and durability. This chair will keep you comfortable even after long periods seated.
- Its cover material is a contrasting mix of faux soft thread leather and mesh fabric for a comfortable feel, premium look, and extended durability. The mesh is breathable to help keep you cool during intense sessions.
- This gaming chair rests on a broad 5 point star base, made of metal for maximum stability and durability.
- Pneumatic gas spring mechanism for easy lowering and raising of the seat. Can easily support up to 275 lbs (125kg) of weight.
- It has padded flip-up armrests for maximum comfort to your arms.
- Suitable for all desk functions, including gaming, studying, office work, and more.
- Lack of lumbar and neck support cushions for added comfort.
- The backrest is a bit short for those taller than 6″.
- Mesh fabric is hard to clean.
Why Not Opt for a Big Gaming Chair for Short People
You may think that getting a big gaming chair for your small size is a good idea, but it is not. There are several reasons for that:
Comfort- A big chair will not give you the close fit that feels so good on gaming chairs. It will be too wide for your bum, too high for your back and too tall for you to plant your feet properly on the floor.
Pricing- Bigger chairs mean a bigger frame, more material, and stronger components, which make them a lot more expensive. You’re better off with a smaller chair that fits you and is more affordable.
Space- As a short person, you will want a chair that fits in with your other furniture. Your desk height and office space available are some of the factors you will need to consider. A bigger chair might end up being a huge annoyance to you.
Ergonomics- Like shoes, gaming chairs are designed with the end-user in mind. Things like headrests, lumbar support, armrests, and footrests will all be out of place and possibly quite uncomfortable for you on a larger chair. A small one is more likely to fit your body.
As a short person, you may find yourself hard-pressed to find a chair that is comfortable for you without costing an arm and a leg. In this case, you have an advantage because the smaller size chairs are much cheaper.
Many manufacturers have developed gaming chairs for short people, and these are the best we found which are all available on Amazon. Choose the best for your size and budget, and say no uncomfortable gaming sessions for good.