The zero gravity craze is in full swing. Manufacturers are busy singing the praises of zero gravity beds, recliners, poolside chairs, among others. But what exactly is zero gravity?
NASA invented the zero gravity technology for its astronauts. It is meant to help them during takeoff when massive G forces are acting on their bodies.
In a zero-gravity position, the body reclines back into the chair in such a position whereby no part is bearing any bodyweight. For astronauts, it helps them cope with the stress of takeoff. For you and me, it is a fantastic therapeutic position that is useful for pain relief and ultimate relaxation.
Massage chair manufacturers have taken full advantage of this technology to improve their products. Currently, almost every chair has its own version of zero gravity functionality. Some are better at it than others.
If you’re wondering what the best zero gravity massage chairs are, read on to find out.
Top 5 Zero Gravity Massage Chair in 2021
1. Kahuna LM6800 Massage Chair
The Kahuna LM6800 Is one of the most popular massage chairs available. One of the reasons for that is because it is affordable and packed with the best features. It is a mid-range massage chair and commands an average price of about $2000.
The chair also tops because of its three zero-gravity recline positions. That is an impressive feature because most chairs, even the advanced ones, only have one. While that alone is not enough to make it the best in this category, you’ll find that the Kahuna LM6800 has the best of all the other features. Therefore, it is the best massage chair with zero gravity in 2019.
The Kahuna LM6800 is one of the best massage chairs you can get at an affordable price. It comes with all the best features that has one of the most advanced zero gravity massage systems.
SL Track Design
Despite its affordable price, the Kahuna LM6800 comes with a modern SL track system that allows its rollers reach down up to your thighs. Most lower-grade massage chairs have the S track system, which only reaches the lower back.
3D Body Scan Function
The chair also comes with an advanced body-mapping function that initiates at the beginning of every session. it scans the book the body and maps out every point and contour prepositions the rollers accordingly and help secure a virtual map of the progress
However, it also has a manual override system so that if you feel that any point has been left out, you can interrupt the process and reposition the rollers using the remote console.
Air Massage System
It also comes with the first generation airbag massage system. It comprises of about 40 airbags distributed around the chair, which inflate and deflate rhythmically to massage your body. These are very useful, especially in the calves and feet.
They help to restore blood flow, remove tension, and improve the overall massage experience.
Space-saving design and 3 Zero gravity positions
One of the best points about this chair is that it features a modern compact design. The design saves on space because it allows you to place the chair just three inches from a wall or corner without affecting the recline capabilities.
It also has one of the best zero gravity systems found in any chair, with three positions available. These give you a choice so that you can watch TV, work on your laptop or simply lean back and nod off, depending on the position chosen.
Special Yoga Stretch Massage Functions
The yoga stretch functionality allows the chair to stretch out your spine gently by holding onto your ankles and chest using the airbag system. Then, using the recline function and airbags, it pulls both ends gently and rhythmically several times.
This feature is usually only found in the most advanced massage chairs.
SH Chiro Massage Function
This is a new massage technique that focuses on unlocking the energy in the spine. It is also one of the most advanced, it helps a lot with lower back pain.
- SL truck massage system is one of the best available.
- Advanced zero gravity recline system with three positions.
- Heating elements in the lumbar region calves and feet.
- High-quality construction with a steel frame and PVC leather cover.
- Advanced yoga and stretch massage programs.
- The chair lacks memory for the custom settings you choose in every session.
- The massage is too intense and may hurt those with back problems.
When it comes to choosing the best massage chair, there are many factors that you have to consider. The Kahuna LM6800 fits most of these, which is why it the best massage chair with Zero Gravity.
- Arm Airbag has new design, 6 Auto programs, timer button up to 30 minutes, Double layer shoulder airbags - Extra foot padding and remote holder included
- L-Track massage system, 3 stages of Zero Gravity, Smart body scan technology scans your body to detect your body size for individual custom fit massage. Air massage technology covers entire body, LM-6800 has 6 different auto programs including special yoga stretching programs for full body stretching, dual foot rollers on the feet area, Space saving technology only requires 3 inches from the wall. Without this technology your arm will not get a decent massage.
- Best warranty service for online massage chair company – Easy to register warranty and request service. Kahuna LM-6800 gives limited warranty for 3 years. We offer warranties for all parts, labor and structural framework of the chair. We guarantee that your qualified product will be repaired. This Kahuna Massage Chairs for residential use only. It is a non-transferable warranty. First year covers all parts and labor cost. Customers do not pay anything during first year warranty period
- Footer Area has dual foot rollers and detachable & washable footer area cotton for sanitary purpose. Top recommended massage chair on amazon with customer reviews. FDA Registered as medical Device.
2. Relaxon-Chair MK II-Plus Full-Body Airbag Massage Chair
The Relaxon-Chair MK II-Plus is the best budget chair with the best user reviews on Amazon. It is a favourite due to its full body massage functionality thanks to its L-track system.
The MK II-Plus has been redesigned from customer feedback, with less airbag pressure in the calves and an improved foot roller massager. The best thing about it is that it has an excellent record for reliability. Very few customers have reported any major complaints, which is rare for none but the best-engineered products.
It is hard to find a massager with so many positive user reviews on Amazon. The Relaxon-Chair MK II-Plus massage chair is an excellent option we are willing to fork out just a little bit more money.
Proprietary Buttlock L-Track Massage System
Relaxon-Chair has added its version of the L-track massage system to this chair. It allows the rollers to go down past the butt to the thighs, giving your an almost full-body massage.
However, the tracks do not extend very far past the butt, which fails to be a full L-track system.
Body Scan Function
An automatic advanced body scanning function is available, which helps the chair to make a precise pass without missing any essential points. The scan runs at the beginning of every session so that even if users of varying body sizes use it, it makes no difference.
3 Zero Gravity Recline Positions
The Relaxon-Chair MK II-Plus massage chair is one of the very few on the market, which gives you three zero gravity positions, which makes it one of the best and most advanced.
This position puts your knees slightly above the heart, which helps it to beat slower and eases most of the strain off your body. At the same time, your body weight will be leaning back against the rollers, enabling a much deeper massage.
5 Massage Functions and 4 Programs
The chair comes with five massage functions which are kneading, tapping, rolling, shiatsu, and a combination of kneading and tapping. This is another improvement, especially over older models which had only three.
It also has only four massage programs such as relaxation, stretching, deep tissue and rejuvenate. Many chairs, especially the Kahuna models, have many more.
The chair features a first-generation air massage system and has 20 airbags distributed over the chair. This number is lower than you would find in more advanced chairs, but it works just fine. The air massage function is also quite vigorous, especially in the calves.
Mild Stretching Function, With Calf and Foot Massage
These are grouped because they’re both features you would typically not expect to find in a budget chair. The MK-II has a stretching function, but it is quite mild. Many users complain that it is not strong enough for them.
The chair also features rollers for a foot massage. It is a great function that helps to offer relief even after a day of being on your feet. However, there have been some complaints that it might be too aggressive.
If that is the case, some home remedies might be useful here. They include placing a thick cloth over the footpads or wearing an extra pair of socks.
- Long L-track massage system that reaches your thighs.
- First generation airbag massage system.
- Advanced massage functions and programs, such as shiatsu and yoga stretching.
- Heating elements warm most of the lower and middle back.
- Deep-tissue massage, especially for the calves and soles of the feet.
- Aggressive massage on high settings, especially for the feet. Luckily, there are three intensity levels.
- Heating is limited to the back.
For the price, this Relax-On MK-II massage chair gives you an impressive balance of economy and functionality.
- REDESIGNED & UPGRADED W/ ONE HAND OPERATION REMOTE CONTROLLER, GENTLE YET FIRM MASSAGE ROLLERS, REDUCED AIRBAG PRESSURE FOR ARM & CALF - 4 AUTOMATIC MASSAGE PROGRAMS - 3 MANUAL SPECIFIC TARGETED MASSAGES(KNEADING, TAPPING, COMBO) - 3 LEVELS OF AIRBAG INTENSITY CONTROL - 3 MASSAGE SPEED CONTROL
- THREE STAGE ULTRA AUTOMATIC ZERO GRAVITY MULTI-FUNCTION MASSAGE CHAIR: Zero gravity chairs elevate your feet to the same level as your heart, minimizing the strain of gravity on your vertebrae, relieving the discomfort of back pain. Your heart can work less and you can relax more. QUALITY & INNOVATION: From top quality soft grained synthetic leather to enhance your experience to light total weight for easy mobility, the chair is thoughtfully designed with user friendliness in mind.
- BUTTLOCK L-TRACKING MASSAGE SYSTEM: The rollers glide from the upper back all the way down under the seat. This new rolling system provides a full body massage. COMPUTERIZED BODY SCANNING: Built-in sensor automatically measure the length of spine and knows where to massage. AIRBAG MASSAGE TECHNOLOGY: Uniquely designed airbags are programmed to inflate/deflate separately which causes the body to twist and stretch on shoulders, lower back, hips, and thighs working simultaneously or individually.
- DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE & FULL BODY STRETCHING: Designed to provide detailed, human-like massage throughout the body and the stretching function is also referred to as the “spinal decompression” program. With vigorous air cells pinning your body in place, the chair moves you to a calculated routine, and slowly stretches out the leg and back muscles. BEAUTY HIP MASSAGER: Multiple Air bag for your hip and your waist line which inflates for compression massage to align lower back and pelvis area.
- LOWER BACK HEATING: 2 heating pads in lower back area that enhance the massage experience. ARM MASSAGER: Two air bags are carefully located to apply a deep massage to the forearms and wrists. CALF & FOOT MASSAGER: Multiple air bags on sides and back of the legs and feet which inflate for compression massage with bottom spinning roller that apply concentrated pin-point kneading massage. FULL SIZE REMOTE CONTROLLER: Large viewing screen to easily visualize what functions the chair has activated.
3. Kahuna SM7300 Superior Performance Massage Chair
The Kahuna SM7300 is another top-quality massage chair. In terms of functionality, it is right up there with the top pick from the same manufacturer, with the only difference being a slightly higher price tag.
The price is well deserved because this chair is one of those that can handle tall and heavy users. It is a heavy-duty chair with seating for users of up to 6’5″ height and 330 lbs weight.
The Kahuna SM 7300 one of the best massage chairs for big and tall people, and has one of the best Zero Gravity functions. Not only that, but it is a fantastic option for anyone who wants a chair that will give you first-class service for many years to come. With its heavy-duty build, it is guaranteed to last for many years.
SL Track System
The Kahuna SM7300 is fitted with the popular SL roller track system found on Kahuna’s most advanced chairs. It is very ergonomic and follows the natural S-shaped curvature of the spine. It is also extended and reaches past the butt and thighs almost to the back of the knees.
Due to that, you receive an almost full-body massage from the unique six-roller system. That is unlike some chairs which are restricted to the back only. The rollers also come with small, slightly raised protrusions on the surface called acupressure points. These points help to give you a better massage experience and relieve tension in the muscles.
Zero Gravity Position
A single zero gravity position is available in this chair. Although some of the more advanced models have two or more, the Kahuna SM7300 is unique because it has one of the best zero gravity features.
This position lets your body rest completely and lowers your heart rate by raising your legs above your heart. It also makes you lean into the rollers, which results in a more in-depth massage experience.
Wrap-Around Squeeze Massage
This is a unique leg massage design from Kahuna. It is made possible by the footpads on the ottoman, which cover your feet entirely and give you a variety of massage options such as rolling, kneading and scraping. This is in addition to the airbag massage.
The chair has a compact design which allows it to recline while being only 3″ from a wall fully.
There are heating elements placed in the lumbar region of the chair, which are suitable for loosening the lower back spine discs and muscles, helping to alleviate back pain.
- Redesigned rollers technology with 6 wheels, which are larger and softer to give a more human-like experience.
- Extended SL track system.
- Heavy-duty, big and tall design to fit everyone.
- Compact and space-saving design.
- Advanced massage functions and programs for all types of users.
- The chair lacks a memory function to save custom settings.
- Some people claim that the massage can be too strong.
- It lacks target massages for specific areas.
The Kahuna SM7300 is a fan favourite. It has been cited before as one of the best value-for-money massage chairs you can get.
- DEAL - Upgraded as 03/01/2018 – Triple Hip airbags, Revised remote controller to more user friendly, air intensity massage up to 5 levels. 2 Years Part & Labor Warranty included
- [Total 9 Auto programs including 4 special programs] 5 Auto programs - Yoga Stretching, Fast Recovery, Pain Relief, Relaxation, Athlete and 4 special programs - Office Person, Golfer, Senior Mode, Dynamic Sport – These special programs provide unique massage experience in Zero Gravity position
- A progressive Kahuna chair SM-7300 collaborated with top performing technology embedded with variety of different techniques which are kneading, tapping, knocking, tapping + knocking, and shiatsu massage on selective body proportion of whole or partial or fixed point on body. It performs close to human-touch massage as it proceeds the massage like having a personal masseuse in your home
- Superior Kahuna Massage Chair SM-7300 accommodate all body types including heavier and bigger body figures adding 3 more inches to the shoulders and hip area to accommodate all body types up to 6ft 5inches and up to 320 lbs. The upgraded Space saving technology using ameliorated forward sliding mechanism allowing quieter transition that only requires 3 inches off from the wall
- The SM-7300 functions with 6 rollers provide experience of being massaged by 6 different hands and the whole body being embraced while the massage is being processed
4. Osaki OS-4000T
The Osaki-4000T is the best budget chair with Zero Gravity. Despite the affordable price, it still has some great features, including Zero Gravity. It has a great balance of functionality and affordability. You would typically expect a massage chair that costs less than $1500 to be of poor quality or to lack some major features.
With the Osaki 4000T, you even get a foot and calf massager and an added vibration massage.
S Track Design
The chair features an ergonomic S-track roller system that gives you a very natural massage. That is because it follows the curvature of your spine, which is in the shape of the letter S.
Additionally, the roller system has elastic wheels that can move in place to knead, tap or otherwise massage your muscles as needed.
There is also an airbag massage system with air cells fixed in the main body, arms, and leg portions of the chair. While their total number is fewer than you would find in more premium chairs, the entire surface area is the same.
These airbags inflate and deflate in rhythm to give you a relaxing and therapeutic massage. It also helps to improve blood flow.
Body Scan Function
A full-body 3D scan is done at the beginning of every massage session. It determines your body’s shape and formation. This way, the system can reposition the rollers accurately to hit every pressure point.
You can also override this function and manually set the rollers using the remote control.
The chair has heating elements fitted in the lumbar region. The high temperature helps to loosen up the lower back muscles and works wonders in relieving pain. Unfortunately, the temperature levels cannot be adjusted in this chair.
There are two Zero Gravity massage positions, in which your whole body is relieved of the pressure of supporting its weight when in these positions.
The Zero G position is especially beneficial for the spine, ankles, and other high-pressure parts. If you’re experiencing any pain in any of these, you will love the Zero Gravity function for its therapeutic properties.
The chair comes with two remote controllers: the primary one and a secondary one. The larger one is fixed to the armrest and has full functionality in terms of control. The smaller one is wireless and only has a few control functions. However, it is very useful if you want a non-disruptive massage.
- Ergonomic S-line track massage system.
- Lumbar heating is excellent for back pain, especially in winter.
- Calf and feet massage options.
- Airbag massage.
- Two-stage zero gravity function.
- 3D body scan function.
- The chair is wide and strong, can support users of up to 6’2″ and 320 lbs weight.
- Poor quality PU-leather, it is not very durable.
- The S track does not reach past the lower back to massage the glutes and quads.
- Heating is only available for the lumbar region.
As far as budget chairs go, the Osaki 4000T is your best option. It has all the major features you will need. However, you are sure to miss some features like a thigh massage, as well as foot rollers and calf heating.
- Design Upgraded, New Foot Roller PCB Motors
- Arm Massage, Outer Shoulder Massage, Hip Massage
- Six Unique Auto-Programs and Massage Styles
- Hip Air Massage, Vibration Seat Massage
- 5 levels of Speed & Intensity, Calf rest can be lifted and streched
5. Medical Breakthrough 6 v4 Recliner 3D Massage Chair
A good massage chair is a great option when it comes to luxury. However, a massage chair with a medical edge beats them all. The Medical Breakthrough 6 v4 massage chair was designed by more than 25 doctors, chiropractors and other experts from all over the world.
No other massage chair boasts such a feat, even those that are approved by the FDA. Massage breakthrough has several models, but v4 is one of the best from the company. If you have been experiencing any discomfort, pain, fatigue, tension, or just want a top-of-the-range massage chair, this one is for you. As can be expected, it will cost you a nice round figure.
3D L-Track System
This chair is one of the few that give an authentic 3D massage experience. Running on an L-track system, the rollers protrude about 3″ from the track to provide a deep massage experience, as well as to reach areas like the neck and sides which are usually neglected.
The L-track system allows the rollers to run from the neck to your thighs. That means that you get close to a full-body massage from the rollers alone.
Heated Calves and Foot Massage
An advanced and ergonomic foot massage function ensures that you get a therapeutic and relaxing experience. This is such a relief since most other chairs tend to be too aggressive with the foot massage.
It is also heated, which is another unique feature that feels oh-so-amazing, especially in winter. For people with arthritis and stiff joints, this is a godsend.
Medical 3D Body Scan
Like other features on this chair, the body scan function is designed by medical professionals to pinpoint areas of the highest tension. The rollers are then able to focus more on them. You will also find that due to this and the 3D function, the chair barely ever misses a point during a massage.
Therapeutic and Healing Massage Functions
Also referred to as the World Massage, the many massage functions are inspired by some of the world’s best massage techniques. These have already been proven by medical experts to be incredibly useful in dealing with problems like pain and stiffness.
Such programs include the Greek Stress Relief, Turkish Treatment, Deep Tissue Massage from Indonesia, Swedish airbag massage, New Delhi Yoga, etc.
- Advanced, medically designed 3D L track system.
- Zero gravity positions with stretching programs offer ultimate relaxation.
- Heating elements in the back and feet sections.
- World massage programs drawn from best practices all over the world.
- Free shipping and excellent warranty terms.
- Very reliable, with a perfect star rating so far.
- Only one Zero Gravity position.
- No memory to save custom settings.
The Medical Breakthrough 6 v4 Recliner 3D massage chair stands tall in a class of its own. So far, user reviews have given it a perfect rating, which is so rare for something so expensive.
Even knowing that doctors designed this chair, you will be blown away by the massage experience. The stretch and zero gravity functions are just sublime.
- 💆 [WORLD MASSAGE THERAPY] - We spent 5 years studying different massage techniques from around the world in order to design the perfect chair. This is the ONLY massage chair that features Japanese Shiatsu 3D Neck & Shoulder Massage, Ancient Roman Therapy, Turkish Treatment, Ancient Egyptian Massage, Greek Stress Relief, Indonesian Deep Tissue Therapy, New Delhi Yoga Stretching, Swedish Air-cell Therapy, and Hawaiian Sleeping Massage.
- 👨⚕️ [DOCTOR-BASED] - The ONLY massage chair designed by over 25 doctors, surgeons, chiropractors, and pain specialists.
- ⚕️ [MEDICAL BODY SCAN] – Better than a masseuse! When you sit in the chair, it scans your body then positions the massage rollers so you have the best massage tailored to your needs. You can use the World Massage Therapy or the many other modes available with this chair.
- 💺 [ZERO GRAVITY ]– This special position distributes your weight evenly across the chair so you will feel virtually weightless, ensuring a deep sense of relaxation as you get a soothing massage. So comfortable that you might fall sleep in it.
- 🎢 [3D L-TRACK] - This new innovation means the chair can massage every inch of your body from your shoulders to your buttocks, while the specially designed rollers deliver a powerful deep kneading tissue massage.
Why Buy Zero Gravity Chairs?
Zero Gravity has been much praised recently, and you might wonder, why all the hype? Well, that is because there are numerous benefits to be derived.
By taking the stress off your bones and joints, any painful parts, especially the lower back, benefit greatly.
When you lean back in a neutral position, you get the stress off your body and this, in turn, helps free your mind.
The spine is not straight but curved. The chairs are designed to fit this natural curve, thus encouraging the spine to remain natural.
Improves blood flow
Getting the feet at heat level, or above it, improves blood flow to the brain. It helps re-energize you as well as keep heart conditions at bay.
These are just some of the many benefits to be derived from Zero Gravity recline.
Zero Gravity is an innovation with the potential to make the lives of millions of people better, especially the elderly and those with various back problems. That is why it has become such a major selling point with everything, from massage chairs to beds.
When shopping for a massage chair with Zero Gravity, you will find that almost every manufacturer has included it as a feature. However, these seven are tried and tested to have the best Zero Gravity systems. Get them on Amazon from right here and change your life forever.