We have reviewed the best zero gravity chair for back pain. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top ones.
The word zero gravity brings an image of floating weightlessly in space. So what’s better than a chair that gives the feeling of floating on a cloud. About 31 million Americans experience low back pain at any given time.
A zero gravity chair helps relieve back and neck issues. These chairs are designed with an S-shaped back with a vertical reclining angle, which aids in reducing the pressure that people may feel on the body in a sitting position.
In this article, we have reviewed the best zero gravity chairs for back pain. Let us check them one by one.
Our Top Choice – FDW Zero gravity Chair
The Patio Chair Outdoor Furniture Zero... is our top choice for Best Zero Gravity Chair for back pain.
The chair’s shape provides back support and helps keep it aligned in any position, making it one of the best zero gravity chairs for back pain.
It is made of the finest surface material combined with sturdy steel tubular frames, making this chair very sturdy.
The users are not thrown backward as soon as they sit on the chair as it gives just enough pressure to keep them where they want it to be.
Its best features are:
- Its comfortable headrest can help you deal with pressure on the cervical spine. The headrest is dismountable so that it can be adjusted to your specific height.
- The recliner cradles the spine in a stress-free shape when in a zero-gravity position.
- Dilated armrests are designed to give comfort to arms.
- The powder-coated steel frame is rust-resistant.
- The chair has a non-slip footrest to keep your feet on
- High-quality Textilene based chair which has resistance to wear and tear
- Easy to use knobs aids to lock the chair in any position.
- It can hold up to 250 pounds.
- The durable mesh and elastic cords give the best body comfort.
Best Zero Gravity Chair For Back Pain: Patio Chairs
#1 FDW Zero Gravity Chair
FDW Zero gravity Chair is a comfortable and stylish chair for camps, beaches, and other outdoor activities. The chair is made from the finest surface material combined with sturdy steel tubular frames that give better support and comfort to people with back issues.
The chair cradles the spine in a stress-free pose when one rotates back in a zero-gravity position. The dilated armrest is designed to give comfort to arms. Further, its dismountable headrest is good to deal with the pressure of the cervical spine. The chair also features easy to use knobs, which can lock the chair in any position. Its non-slip footrest gives better protection to floors as it prevents legs from wearing out.
Durable mesh and elastic cords give the best body comfort. Further, its steel frames are powder coated and are rust-resistant. The sturdy recliner can hold up to 250 pounds.
- This chair’s finest surface material is combined with sturdy steel tubular frame aids to give better support and comfort to people with back issues.
- A dilated armrest is designed to give comfort to the arms.
- Its dismountable headrest is good to deal with the pressure of the cervical spine.
- Non-slip footrest gives better protection to floors as it prevents legs from wearing out.
- Durable elastic cords give the body the best possible comfort.
- The chair is made up of durable mesh fabric.
- The sturdy recliner can hold up to 250 pounds.
- The chair is foldable and easy to assemble to take on outdoor activities.
- Some people complained that the frame broke easily.
- Some users complained that despite being of steel material, the frame started to rust.
#2 Homall Zero Gravity Chair
Homall Zero Gravity Chair glides to an ergonomic zero-gravity position with its replaceable elastic cords. It helps to repair the body by giving it full support. The chair is adjustable at angles from 0 to 170 degrees and can adapt to human curvature.
It features a head pillow that users can adjust as per their comfort. The durable fabric of the chair gives solid support to users. Moreover, its solid triangular frame makes this chair very durable. The chair is sturdy and holds weight up to 300 pounds. It is foldable, making it a perfect outdoor patio chair. This chair is among the best zero gravity chairs for back pain.
- This zero gravity recliner glides to an ergonomic zero-gravity position with its replaceable elastic cords.
- The chair is adjustable at angles from 0 to 170 degree that is designed for human curvature.
- The head pillow of the chair is adjustable as per users’ comfort.
- The durable fabric of the chair gives full back support to people.
- The recliner chair is sturdy and can hold weight up to 300 pounds.
- The solid triangular frame makes this chair more durable.
- The chair is foldable.
- Some users faced difficulty in assembling it.
- Some were not overall very happy with it.
Best Zero Gravity Chair For Back Pain: Recliners
#3 Human Touch Perfect Chair
The Human Touch Perfect Chair is one of the best zero gravity chairs for back pain because it distributes body weight to eliminate pain points. Its zero-gravity seating expands lung capacity. Its adjustable high-density lumbar support is great for the lower back and is equipped with a release valve so that you can customize seating comfort.
The chair is ideal for patients to recover from surgeries, muscle tensions, and soreness.
The ergonomic pad design and leather upholstery give comfort and support. Its long armrests give better support when the chair is reclined to zero gravity. Full support head pillow adds to users’ comfort—further, smooth recline motion ease to position the body in a state of virtual weightlessness.
Its high tensile steel body frame gives protection against rusting. The solid wood base further adds to the sturdiness of this chair.
- The chair evenly distributes body weight to eliminate pain points.
- Adjustable high-density lumbar support allows customizing seating comfort.
- Smooth recline motion ease in positioning the body in a state of virtual weightlessness
- leather and upholstery cover the pads from head to toe to give additional support.
- The armrest let the chair recline to zero gravity position.
- A high tensile steel body frame protects from rusting.
- The solid wood base adds to the sturdiness of this chair.
- Assembling the chair may take time as per some users’ experience.
- Some users complained that the chair is not very good for lumbar support.
You may also like to read: 5 Best Zero Gravity Massage Chair in 2021
#4 Cozzia Dual Power Recliner
Cozzia zero gravity chair helps to put the body in its natural posture. It features a one-touch zero gravity button that inclines the chair to relieve back pain. The dual power ZG recliner puts the body at a perfect angle.
This chair features an independently operating headrest and footrest. These features allow people to adjust the chair as per their height and needs. Further, the chair provides excellent lumbar support to users. It also smoothly reclines back into zero gravity.
The optional vibration massage feature gives soothing heat therapy. The chair has a solid beechwood base that can hold up to 400 pounds.
- The one-touch zero-gravity button makes it comfortable to achieve a supportive, S-shaped back support at the touch of a button.
- The chair features an independently operating headrest and footrest that allows users to adjust them to their height.
- The chair smoothly reclines back into zero gravity with its adjustable footrest and backrest.
- The dual power ZG recliner puts the body at a perfect angle.
- The optional vibration massage feature gives soothing heat therapy.
- The study chair is made with a solid beechwood base that can hold up to 400 pounds.
- Few users mentioned that the chair might break after some time.
- The frame may break from one side, some users complained.
Best Zero Gravity Chair For Back Pain : Massage Chairs
#5 Real Relax Massage Chair
Real Relax Massage Chair is made with one button zero gravity design that lets people feel virtually weightless with the push of a single button.
Its eight fixed massage points give support and comfort to shoulders, arms, hips, or lower back. Further, they come in 6 auto modes and three roller speed levels to massage the user’s right pressure points.
The footrest can be extended to fit people of all heights. Moreover, its two back wheels make it portable. The chair further features a built-in waist heater that promotes blood circulation.
The chair is sturdy enough to handle a weight capacity of up to 400 pounds. Moreover, people can listen to music over Bluetooth with this massage chair.
- One-button zero gravity design that lets people feel virtually weightless.
- Its eight fixed massage points give support and comfort to shoulders, arms, and lower back.
- This massage chair features six auto modes and three roller speed levels to adjust as per people’s needs.
- The chair features a built-in waist heater that promotes blood circulation.
- The chair is sturdy enough to handle a weight capacity of up to 400 pounds.
- The footrest of the chair can be extended to fit people of all height.
- People can add Bluetooth with this massage chair.
- As per some users, this chair does not give better comfort.
- Certain users above 6 feet height feel that this chair is short for them.
#6 RelaxonChair Zero Gravity Chair
This chair is a multipurpose 3 stage zero gravity massage chair. It helps to revitalize the blood circulation across the body. This chair has a smart body scanning with a long SL track that allows everyone to have a personalized fit to enhance their massage experience.
The multiple targeted five-technique massage features cover the lower head to upper thighs, giving comfort to the whole body.
The 2nd gen body scanning feature scans the body every time the massage starts. The sensors can understand which area of the body needs a massage. Unique airbag technology inflates and deflates tiny airbags, allowing the shoulder, neck, back, hips, and thighs to stretch and twist.
Its backrest and footrest recline together while calf and foot airbags create perfect arch support. Two heat pads in the lower back area give perfect lumbar heat therapy to align the lower back. The chair has a large viewing screen that can view all its functions. Moreover, this sturdy massage chair can hold weight up to 250 pounds.
- 3 stage zero gravity massage chair gives full body massaging with better support.
- The chair has smart body scanning with a long SL track that allows everyone to have a personalized fit. The 2nd gen body scanning feature scans the body every time the massage starts.
- The heating pads in the lower back area improve blood circulation in the lumbar area.
- The backrest and footrest recline together while calf and foot airbags create perfect arch support.
- Unique airbag technology inflates and deflates airbags to twist and stretch the hips, things, back, and shoulders.
- Large viewing screen so that one can view all its functions.
- A sturdy massage chair can hold weight up to 250 pounds.
- Few users reported that the body scan feature does not work.
- Some users were not very happy with the overall performance of the chair.
Buyer’s Guide: Best Zero Gravity Chair For Back Pain
Well duh! The zero gravity position or the neutral body position was first observed when astronauts in space were resting. Without the gravitational pull forcing them down, the astronauts’ joints and limbs would assume a position that had the natural angles of their body.
Zero gravity chairs mimic this position, with the legs above the heart’s level, thus distributing pressure and weight evenly over the body. In this position, the person is most at ease with his one body, and there is the least stress on the various joints and muscles.
Ensure that the chair you are considering ensures a true zero gravity position, with the legs above the level of your heart.
Your chair should also have adjustable features to allow full support to the body and especially your back. This includes an adjustable headrest, leg rest, armrest, and adjustable lower back support and height.
The recline position helps to give full support to the body. Zero gravity chairs need to provide a floating experience to improve your posture. Therefore, a natural recline in the bac position is important to achieve this position and therefore reduce pain and stress.
Many zero gravity chairs also combine massage features. Therefore, not only are you in the perfect position with very little gravitational stress on your body, but you are also gently massaged in all the joints and ligaments that remain sore throughout the day.
These are the best chairs for reducing pain in any part of the body, including the back.
Frequently Asked Questions: Best Zero Gravity Chair For Back Pain
Does a zero gravity chair lay flat?
Zero gravity chairs are designed to support the body in neutral alignment. These zero gravity chairs, however, do not lay fully flat. People cannot lie on their stomachs on a zero gravity chair.
The concept of a zero gravity chair is to have the legs above the heart’s level, and the joints and limbs are in their natural position. For this to happen, the body cannot be lying fully flat, since that is not the human body’s natural position. Rather they form an S-shaped curvature in the body.
What is a zero gravity chair good for?
These chairs are designed to suspend the body in a neutral posture. When people recline in these chairs, they experience a weightless sensation that allows them to relax. These chairs are good to give full-body support in reducing back issues.
Are zero gravity chairs safe?
Yes, zero-gravity chairs are safe to use. All the chairs’ positions are safely secured by a locking mechanism to easily find their desired position and feel relaxed and comfortable in that position.
Zero gravity chairs have become increasingly popular because of their ability to reduce pain and relieve pressure from the joints and limbs. They are particularly good for people who have persistent back problems and need a lot of support and comfort. Zero gravity chairs can come in various types, and we have broadly covered three types of chairs in this article: Patio/lounge chairs, massagers, and recliners.
In this article, we have selected the Best Zero Gravity Chair For Back pain based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Patio Chair Outdoor Furniture Zero... is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is an ideal zero gravity chair and rich in other features.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Homall Zero Gravity Chair Patio... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
You may also like to read: 5 Best Zero Gravity Massage Chair in 2021