In this article, we have reviewed the best office chairs under $300. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot. Or you can scroll down for detailed product reviews.
If you are setting up a new business or are planning to be working from home, you will likely need an economical office chair. One that is comfortable and ergonomic without breaking the bank.
To aid your search, we have compiled this list of the 10 best office chairs priced under 300 dollars. For this purpose we spoke to dozens of users, read hundreds of user reviews and used a few chairs ourselves to find the truly top quality affordable office chairs.
If you are looking for a quick answer, our hands down favorite is the NOUHAUS Ergonomic Office Chair. Its ergonomic features combined with a reasonable price (for all the features it has to offer) make it a great ergonomic chair whether using in an office or home setting.
10 Best Office Chairs under $300 – Our Top Picks
If you are still with us and want to know more about your options, let us dive into the detailed product reviews for the our top picks for ergonomic office chairs under $300.
#1. NOUHAUS Ergonomic Office Chair – Our Top Pick
Right at the top of our list of the best office chairs under $300 is the NOUHAUS Ergonomic Office Chair. It comes loaded with features that you would want your office chair to have, even if it is priced under $300.
The NOUHAUS Ergonomic Office Chair really stands out with its super ample lumbar support. It is one feature many users have come to really like and if there was one thing that will make us buy this chair every time, it will be its lumbar support.
It also has a smooth HydraLift to give you the exact height that you want your chair to be in with just a small push of a lever. The breathable mesh fabric keeps you cool even when sitting for long hours at your office desk.
The chair can support users up to 275 pounds. It has dual castors for better weight distribution. You also get an extra set of roller blade castors. They will give you a smooth glide over hardwood floors.
This ergonomic chair comes with 135 degree tilt, if you want to relax after a marathon working session. The tilt can be locked in place.
Its armrests can be moved up or down, back or forward and in or out, giving them a 3 dimensional range of motion for the perfect fit for your posture.
The headrest can be easily adjusted to fit your exact needs. Spend a few minutes adjusting this chair to your body and you will guarantee yourself hundrede, maybe even thousands of hours of comfort over the life of this ergonomic chair.
With all this going for this office chair, you can hardly go wrong with it. But if you have second thoughts after buying the NOUHAUS Ergonomic Office Chair, you have got 30 days to make up your mind. You can always return it within that period for a full refund.
Although this ergonomic chair comes on the higher end of the price spectrum. With its price just a hair’s breadth under $300 this feature loaded ergonomic chair just about manages to squeak into our list of the best office chairs under $300.
- CONFORMS TO YOUR LIFE: With it’s 4D Adjustable Armrest and Lumbar System, ElastoMesh, 135 Degree Back Tilt, Smooth HydraLift, Dual Castors (and a BONUS set of hardwood floor Rollerblade Castors) – it’s easy to think the Ergo3D is from the future, but instead it’s evolved Ergo Seating at its finest and it’s here now.
- EASE INTO WORK, OR PLAY: Mesh Headrest adjusts up and down while the 4D Adjust Arms go forwards, back, up, down, side to side, and rotate for the best fit to your body. 3D Lumbar Support hugs your back, while the seat glides up and down for the ultimate in customized comfort in the office, or in front of your game!
- SOFT HD MESH OFFICE CHAIR: Our breathable ElastoMesh provides optimal airflow to avoid sweating and sticking. But it’s also smooth, and nothing like sitting on wire like many of the chairs you’ll see today. And while it’s good to take regular breaks, the Ergo3D is so comfy you’ll forget you’re even working.
- HEAVY DUTY: Our 5-Point Base with dual castors gives greater stability and strength over common 4-Point, single castor chairs. And our strong iron base makes this heavy-duty office chair ideal for adults up to 275 lb. We also give you a FREE SET of roller blade wheels – smooth as silk on hardwood.
- SUPER-LOUNGE TILT: Settle back, because you have up to 135° of tilt to keep you in the perfect position for your next task, or to simply lounge back and admire how smart you are for finding such a remarkable ergonomic chair. Try the Ergo3D now risk free for 30-Days and feel the difference it makes to your life.
#2: BestOffice High Back chair
The second spot on our list of the best office chairs under $300 is bagged by BestOffice which has a high back chair and ample padding. The biggest reason why this chair is number 2 on our list is because of its super competitive price. This extremely well priced office chair is great for the budget shopper.
Covered in soft leather PU, it is water as well as oil resistant which makes eating breakfast more convenient without worrying about the stains.
The multi-layered high back ensures every back muscle enjoys uniform comfort. The chair is evenly designed that prevents unwanted lumber, neck strain.
The seat pan is 20 inches wide; giving enough space for people to settle down. The 26 inches comfy high back keeps your back upright eliminating back and shoulder pains.
Multitasking becomes simpler with smooth 360-degree swivel motion and the caster wheels that help you glide over short distances while working.
The waterfall armrests improve the look with a thick layer of foam making it comfortable for your hands.
The chair’s seat height rises from 19 to 23 inches makes it perfect for any desk height, or user height. The lever beneath the seat is used to perform the required action.
The armrests are adjustable, ensuring your arms are at the descent level for your spine and neck. Your spine gets some space to flex with the back offering reclining angle between 5 to 10 degrees.
With a 3 inches dense seat pan and a weight limit of 250 pounds, this chair is strong enough to hold more than average person’s weight.
Available in black, brown and white color, the chair shows its variety playing a pivotal role in home decors.
The lumbar support is efficient enough to eliminate lower back pain, and the base looks superb with its color complemented with the arm rests.
#3. SIHOO Ergonomic Office Chair
Coming third on our list of the best office chairs under $300 is the SIHOO Ergonomic Office Chair. This office chair ticks all the boxes when it comes to headrest, adjustable armrests and an easy to operate lift.
In features, it is quite comparable to our number 1 choice, NOUHAUS Ergonomic Office Chair. The only place that it loses out from the is the lumbar support. Or rather, we should say that the NOUHAUS Ergonomic Office Chair wins on its extremely generous lumbar support. What you get with SIHOO Ergonomic Office Chair is the standard adjustable lumbar support.
At 120 degrees the tilt of this chair will allow you to relax but maybe not nap, unless you are extremely tired!
SIHOO provides a part warranty for 1 year. They will replace any defective part within 1 year of purchase. They also promise to provide parts at “zero profit”, 3 years from purchase. Although not the best in class warranty, it is heartening to see a company stand behind its product.
In our opinion, if you find our number 1 choice, NOUHAUS Ergonomic Office Chair too expensive and BestOffice Ergonomic Chsir too vanilla, the SIHOO office chair offers a nice middle ground.
- 【Features】Adjustable head restraint allows the neck to lean easily and comfortably, adjustable lumbar support bracket for free adjustment of height depth, 3D adjustable armrest for different office applications, 90°-120° arbitrary backrest adjustment for multiple work positions, any switch 10cm lift, 360 ° Freedom to rotate freely 3D handrail.
- 【Ergonomic design】SIHOO is recommended by Ergonomics Application Association. SIHOO's ergonomic design is based on the human body dynamic digital model. The ridge backrest and the human spine are exactly the same. The close fitting helps release the spinal pressure. The flow waterfall arc seating design Thigh support is comfortable, SIHOO will make you more comfortable
- 【Material】The aluminium base is steady and durable,having good bearing quality. The silent castors move freely without noise. Double-back-frame design is steady and durable.
- 【Design】SIHOO is the crystallization of the common wisdom of many professionals in human body, physiologist, product designer, mechanical engineer，does its best to make every step comfortable and safe for every customer. Every small part has strict safety quality testing. Cushion impact test, handrail fatigue test, chair foot static pressure test, in line with the strict standards of office chairs.
- 【warranty】Product warranty period is one year. If there is any quality problem, please contact us. After confirming, we will change the accessory for you. We promise to provide you with zero profit product accessories within three years of the warranty period.!
#4. Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair
Number 4 on our list is the Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair.
This flip-up-arm office chair weighs 22 lbs and supports weight up to 280 lbs. It has the standard neck and lumbar supports. The gas lift works well, raising the seat height from 18.5″ to 22.4″ witht he press of a lever.
The tilt of up to 120 degrees is good to relax on. This ergonomic chair has breathable mesh that helps to keep you cool even after long hours of sitting
The chair assembly will take you about 20 minutes and no special tools. It comes with an Allen wrench to help you put it together quickly.
Overall, Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair will satisy most people. Some of its users have gone as far as to compare it with a Herman Miller! In our opinion, it is a value for money product among our list of office chairs under $300.
- 【ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR】- The ergonomic chair provides 4 supporting points(head/ back/ hips/ hands) and a proper lumbar support. It's easy to adjust seat height, headrest, backrest and flip-up arms to meet different needs, good for sitting long hours. Suitable for people of about 5'5" to 6'3".
- 【LARGE SEAT】- This office chair is larger than other chairs, and it could accommodate different body build. The whole Chair Dimensions(including the arms): 25.6"W x 22"D x 43.7"-49.6"H, the Seat Dimensions: 20"W x 19.3"D x 20"-24"H. Loading Capacity: 280 lbs. The recline function makes you tilt the backrest back (90~120°) or sit straight freely.
- 【ADJUSTABLE FLIP-UP ARMREST】- Folding the armrests up, you can push the executive office chair directly under the desk to use more area. It's easy to raise or lower the folding armrest by pressing the black buttons on the armrest.
- 【BREATHABLE MESH CHAIR】- The mesh back and mesh seat keep air circulation for extra comfy. High quality mesh resists abrasion and transformation, it makes the high back computer chair good for sitting for 4 ~ 8 hours, perfect for a long day sitting.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION & WARRANTY】- All ergonomic task chairs come with 1 year warranty, so please email us directly, we will offer you satisfactory solutions ASAP. With clear instruction and tools, the ergonomic chair is easy to assemble (about 15~20 minutes). PU mute wheels roll smoothly, no harm on wooden floor; the sturdy five-pointed base and chair frame add durability and stylish appearances.
#5. Sadie Big and Tall Office Computer Chair (HVST141)
Sadie Big and Tall Office Computer Chair is built for heft. This 21 pounder packs a punch and can support users up to 400 pounds in weight.
It has a breathable mesh back and a generously padded seat pan. The chair width of 22 inches is ideal for heavier users.
The chairs’ arms are easily adjustable, giving you an option of positions to suit your posture.
While the title of the product says Big and Tall, the height adjustment feature makes it as useful for shorter people too. The warranty covers against manufacturing defects of parts for 3 years (although normal wear and tear is not covered).
This office chair does not have a head rest. The biggest reason this chair has made to our list of the best office chairs under $300 is its ability to support heavy users, both women and men. If you are looking for comfort, you are better off going with the Nouhas or SIHOO office chairs on our list.
- ERGONOMIC POSTURE SUPPORT: Adjustable lumbar control puts extra lower back support right where you need it
- DIMENSIONS - Overall Depth: 30.31 in | Overall Height: 42.91 in | Overall Width: 30.31 in | Arm Adjustmentn - Maximum Height: 8.4 in | Maximum Width: 30 in | Minimum Height: 5.9 in | Minimum Width: 22.5 in | Arm Maximum Height: 31.5 in | Arm Minimum Height: 25.6 in | Seat Overall Depth: 20.9 in | Seat Width: 22 in |Back Width: 22 in
- ROLLING OFFICE CHAIR: Smooth-rolling casters and durable wheels hold up even under heavy use.
- COOLING MESH BACK TASK CHAIR: Added comfort with breathable fabric that you can relax into. Caster quantity is 5
- ADJUSTABLE ARM OFFICE CHAIR: Height-adjustable arms provide all-day support for upper body and shoulders
#6. STAPLES Hyken Office Chair
For the brand conscious, STAPLES Hyken is a great option for an office chair under $300. It has adjustable headrest, armrests and lumbar support. The height of the seat can be easily changed.
The seat cushion leaves something to be desired. You might want to look for a coccyx cushion if you end up going with the STAPLES Hyken.
This office chair can support 250 pounds of weight and weighs 28.22 pounds itself. The carpet casters are fairly easy to use on rugs and carpeted floors
Overall, this is a standard office chair and a great option for those looking for a branded product under $300.
- Sold as 1 Each.
- BREATHABLE MESH MATERIAL: This high-back office chair has a mesh breathable back that offers a modern look while keeping you cool. Built for both form and function, the mesh upholstery allows air to circulate while providing enough support for your body.
- EASILY ADJUSTABLE: Adjustable tilt tension and tilt lock let you find an ideal seating angle, and height adjustment options make it easy to find the proper configuration for your desk. Plus, each arm on this desk chair adjusts height for ultimate comfort.
- DIMENSIONS: This mesh task chair measures 45.3" - 49.8" H x 27.2" W x 27.3" D. Designed with sturdy carpet casters, this executive office chair can support up to 250 pounds over a full workday and easily roll across your office floor.
- WE ARE STAPLES: The line between work and life is blurring. We have solutions to keep your teams productive, connected and inspired. Whether you know exactly what you need, or you're looking for tools and inspiration to hit goals, Staples is here for you.
#7: Comfort Products 60-5800T Chai
Comfort products have been a specialist in producing one of the best traditional office chairs since 1919. The 60-5800T chair has leather upholstery, well suited to support someone with a weight of up to 350 lbs.
It features an attractive contemporary cushion with waterfall style seating giving space to your legs.
The padded chrome armrests and the comfy cushioned back holds your vertical posture giving sitting comfort for long working hours.
The lumbar support backs you when you face lower back pain thus, supporting you throughout the day.
Moreover, the seat cushion, armrests, and back are covered in comfortable black leather, matching your living room and office as well.
The chair with its ergonomic design comes with several pneumatic adjustments. The armrest attached to the seat pan allows you to keep your hands on during a power nap.
The lever attached to the base of the seat pan adjusts the settings such as tilt, tilt tension, swivel lock and height lift. The height can be increased accordingly, and the provision of headrest increases its user count for those taller than 6 feet.
You can lean back comfortably while keeping your elbows on the curvy chrome armrests padded with thick leather. The 5 hooded bases made up of chrome metal gives rigidity to the chair and are attached with dual caster wheels to give easy movement.
The swiveling adds fun to your routine giving 360-degree rotation. The chair, when delivered, weighs about 62 pounds but, reduces to 54 pounds when fully assembled.
#8. Boss Office Products Ergonomic Chair
Our next entrant in the list at #5 is a big man’s chair by Boss Office Products.
With a weight capacity of 350 pounds, this chair not only provides professional look but, a decent all day back support.
Made up of commercial grade components, this chair comes in brown, black and gray color influencing your home decor. The curved contour back runs along your entire spine maintaining your body alignment.
Its built-in lumbar support provides added support for the lower back. The seat cushion deep layers ensure superior and consistent sitting comfort throughout the day.
The chair has black curved armrests for the extra forearm, wrist, and hand support, padded with its upholstery.
Looking at its adjustments, use the heavy duty pneumatic gas lift to lift it while getting off the seat. Stay seated to lower the seat height.
Grab the opportunity to use the workspace around you with the dual caster wheels at the base held by the 5 hooded bases.
The 360 degree swiveling motion helps you in multitasking while being seated. With a 42 inch high back and 27-inch width, this 54-pound workforce can hold weight up to 350 lbs functioning efficiently.
#9: Flash Furniture Hercules Series
Next, we have a big guy’s chair from Hercules Series from Flash Furniture showing its huge power with its first look.
The large bulky look chair is a symbol of maximum comfort, all thanks to the multi-layered cushion that runs along the entire chair giving perfect spinal support.
The high back extends to the upper back for shoulder support, giving broader area.
Known as the 9-5 chair, the Hercules is backed by a built-in lumbar support with dual-layered seat pan that doesn’t hurt your buttocks even after 9-hour sitting.
Tested for accommodating weight up to 500 lbs, the user category varies from short to tall and thin to big.
Swivelling adds more brownie points to its mobility offering 360-degree workspace around you. This is supported by the dual caster wheels at the base which move along easily with maximum weight capacity.
Bored of typing?
Take a mini break and rest your hands on those water falling armrests that support your entire arm.
The Black color upholstery grabs the eyeballs with its first look that brings strength and style at the same time.
The shimmery silver 5 hooded base adds some movement at your place with nylon dual caster wheels at the bottom. The pneumatic adjustment lever will allow you to adjust the seat to your desired height easily.
With the headrest combining with the reclining feature, you can easily take a power nap where your back, neck, and arm rests are under constant support.
The tilt lock mechanism offers a comfortable rocking/reclining motion. Hercules is designed specifically for a long hour working population like those in call centers, control room engineers, government employees, DJ, etc.
Giving justice to its model name, this 66-pound heavy-duty chair is made for intensive use capable of handling weight up to 500 lbs.
#10. XUER Ergonomic Office Chair
Bringing up the rear of our best office chairs under $300 is the XUER Ergonomic Office Chair. The reason why this office chair finds itself on this list is its nice lumbar support. It has generous support for the lower back that many users felt was quite nice.
Its 12 inch head rest is another feature that distinguishes the XUER Ergonomic Office Chair from its peers.
Apart from the generous lumbar support, the XUER Ergonomic Office Chair has standard features of adjustable headrest, armrest and height. The chair is fairly solid and weighs 47.1 pounds. The manufacturer claims that it can support 400 pounds.
The tilt of 114 degrees is definitely on the lower side compared to its peers.
In our opinion, the XUER Ergonomic Office Chair is a good choice for heavier users looking for an office chair under $300 with a head rest. Although, we would not go as heavy as 400 pounds – the weight limit mentioned by the manufacturer.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Ergonomic office chair has adjustable height headrest for meeting all kind of people's need, the back of the chair with the chassis is for raising and lying, intelligently sensed gravity lumbar support is for adjusting the lumbar force and correcting lumbar spine and pelvis, 3D PU leather armrests are for adjusting up and down, left and right, back and forth, releasing your arms and shoulders and maximizing the satisfaction of various needs.
- HIGH QUALITY: The whole mesh chair is made of high-quality special mesh fabric, which is breathable and comfortable, no longer afraid of sedentary in summer. Smooth and durable nylon casters are suitable for hard floor, carpet floor, etc, without noisy when it swivels and won't scratch the ground.
- SOLID BASE: The black grilled paint chassis is made of mechanically thick steel and has a four planetary line control locking, the three-stage gas lift is made of steel, which can be lifted 65mm, 340 black nylon chair feet all passed the American BIFMA test.
- WARRANTY: XUER office chair comes with one year warranty. We focus on customer using experience and try our best to provide the best product and service for our customers, if you have any problems, please feel free to contact us!
Conclusion: Which office chair is best Under $300?
So, here is the end of our list of Best Office Chair under $300 giving you the top 10 chairs capable of giving the maximum comfort in your office routine.
The most important part after buying a chair is assembling. Assembling these chairs in the list is easier as they come with assembly guide when delivered.
I have covered plenty of details about these reasonably priced chairs. Hence, buying any of these chairs will surely add comfort and style to your office space.
Thank You! Have a Great Day Ahead…
FAQs about Office Chairs under $300
- I want to buy some chairs for my employees, but I’m concerned regarding their heights and thinking about whether they will get fit into these chairs or not?
Well, that’s a very generic but yet severe problem which every employer faces and especially when you’re running a startup where you’ve very limited budget you will have to make some hard choices to save money. The chairs which we’ve listed above are good for all medium or even short heightened person but if some of your employees are too much tall, then you might need to buy other chairs for them otherwise these chairs must work for you.
- You’ve included gaming chairs also in this list isn’t using those chairs in offices a dull idea?
No, it’s not a dull idea. When you’re planning to buy some chairs for your offices with a tiny budget of only $300, then you shall go with those chairs which provides you with quality and not some fancy designs which will be of no use. We’ve included some gaming chairs also on this list because they fit into the budget and due to their excellent quality, they can be used anywhere even at home too.
- Which of these chairs can be adjusted according to height?
Almost all of these chairs come with a lever which can adjust the height of the chair, and those people who want to sit comfortably can change their sitting position with the help of this lever.
- I’m 6’’4, and I want to buy an office chair, but my budget is limited to $290, which one shall I buy in this condition?
Well, for the tall guys the main problem they face while sitting on a chair is that they don’t get enough of the back cover to protect their back of the body which mostly results in back/neck pain. But here I think Comfort Products 60-5800T will be the best choice for you because this chair is long enough to cover your whole body.
- Isn’t buying a comfortable office chair makes us lazier towards our work?
That’s ultimately a false belief. When you’re working for more than 12 hours what you need is a perfect chair which will take care of every part of your body because working that much makes you feel tired and to avoid some back pain one shall invest some good money in buying a comfortable office chair. If you’re thinking that buying a cozy office chair will put employees more into a comfort zone, then you’re wrong because it’ll also increase their efficiency towards their work.
- How many of these chairs offer its user a cozy massage?
I think none of them. Because to get the chair which would give a semi-automatic massage you will need to spend more than $300, and here we’ve listed only those best ergonomic chairs which fall under the budget of three hundred bucks.