In this article, we have reviewed some of the best rocker recliners. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot. Or you can scroll down for detailed product reviews.
Buying the right rocker recliner for individual needs might be a more involved affair than one could possibly assume, just like anything else these times. Gone are the days when people could only hop on to a local La-Z-Boy opening, and test a couple out before picking a favorite.
Today, you have a whole range of selection, both online and tangible stores. And if that’s the case, you absolutely have no idea of which model offers the best comfort and which one to avoid at all. One advantage of purchasing furniture online is that you can quickly access product reviews and make a more informed decision. Indeed this advantage is essential.
As such, we decided to share the top 7 best rocker recliners, which are currently available on the market. These abundantly lush and diverse free time chairs are fantastic among new mothers and people with physically demanding jobs and busy schedules.
Senior family members will also find great moments in the embrace of a well-crafted recliner chair. Also, those with back problems and mobility issues will get the maximum support and comfort to rehabilitate muscle pain from rocking recliner chairs.
Best Rocker Recliner – Buying Guide
A rocking motion offers unique soothing for adults as well as children. Some contemporary recliners tend to integrate the rocking functionality. The best rocker recliners feature a stable base, and contrary to traditional rocking seats with curved bottoms, these are easy on marble hardwood and delicate floorings. Rocking recliners are particularly fantastic for parents with toddlers or infants.
When searching for a new recliner, you possibly want the one that offers the range of your much-needed features. On that note, keep in mind the following features while shopping for a rocker recliner.
Reclining chairs extend back up to a certain extent, usually somewhere between 140 and 160 degrees. More premium recliners with a lager reclining angle are often comfier for sleeping but can be a little more expensive.
Rocking and Gliding
Most recliner chairs are made with either a glide or rock mechanism. Be sure to ascertain the range of which the chair can move. Some models just move to some extent, while others will actually take you for a ride. Still, count in the size and weight factor of your body before making the purchase. A compromised centre of gravity in a lightweight unit will make the chair to tip over.
Recliners with swivel function are usually more convenient when you want to keep things within your reach. However, not all chars can turn about a full 360 degrees. Some will only swivel around 180 degrees and even less.
Heat functions come in handy for soothing back pain and sore muscles. High-end models, especially massage recliners usually offer the feature. Nevertheless, if you reside in a warm place or are exposed to sweating, you may not want to emphasize much on this feature.
Cup holders and Side pockets
Tired of losing your remotes now and then? Consider a recliner that has built-in side pockets. Most recliners come with large roomy pockets to hold your things like remotes, magazines, books and more. Cup holders also come in handy, especially on gaming day, where they help to avoid spills.
Although traditional recliners feature manual controls, usually a button or lever on the side, others use power controls. Such features are offered by massage chairs, but you can possibly find them on a typical recliner as well. These controls provide enhanced conveniences and accessibility.
The best rocker recliners that have power controls may also throw in remote to make them more convenient to customize the unit’s settings. As you probably know, remote controls are suitable for people with limited mobility.
Design and Accessibility
Your desired recliner seat will be among the most dominant fittings in your living room. Therefore aesthetics are important too. Think through about how the chair will blend into your room in various configurations, from sitting to reclined positions. Check if it blocks any entries and whether the colour agrees with your existing decor. This will help to avoid getting all the work done only to realize it bumps your dining table whenever you want to recline.
Also, consider the convenience of getting in/out of the chair. Bouncy sponge cushioning is associated with easy access, while soft and plush cushioning can make it a little harder getting out of the chair. People with physical disabilities should ideally consider power-lift chairs as they’re quite superior in terms of accessibility.
For relatively tall and bigger persons, particularly those above 6’2″, the best rocker recliner, in this case, must have a high back for comfort and sufficient lumbar support. Additionally, recliners also vary in maximum weight capacity and seat width. So a heavier person should choose a recliner with a solid built and the one with a roomy seat.
7 Best Rocker Recliner in 2020
1. Relaxzen Massage Rocker Recliner
The Relaxzen Massage Rocker Recliner is a rustic model that comes with a reliable weight support and massage functions. It’s a suede-like microfiber model, available in three solid colours and one pattern. These colours are beige, grey and brown while the pattern is simply a camo design. That means it can be great for a rec or den room.
The rocker recliner also includes a remote control to customize the massager. Users can choose 10, 20, or 30 minutes depending on their preferences along with five intensities. This built-in timer work as a safety feature, meaning burning yourself due to sleeping or sitting for too long while heat’s on is next to impossible
The recliner rocker expands along with its classic tilt features by throwing in a highly efficient massage system, dual USB connection, and lumbar heating. Its maximum weight limit is 300 pounds. On the right side of the recliner is a neat pocket where you can store your remote control, your phone and even some light reading. You can divide the eight massage points into four zones for more enhanced blood circulation in stiff areas in your back, making it a perfect rocker recliner chair for back pain.
You can also adjust the lumbar heating using the remote control. This is where you can choose from nine heat settings to soothe various areas in your back. To support the pain relief feature, the chair has a foam padding in both the seat and backrest.
- Provides excellent lumbar region
- Handy side pockets
- Efficient built-in massager
- Includes USB ports
- Permanently attached remote
- Some assembly required
- No cup holders
- Soft comfort, soothing massage, and dual USB charging all in one; Ideal for dens or man caves
- 8 powerful massage motors target 4 zones with 5 intensity levels and 9 modes with mild lumbar heat
- Foam density is comfort soft in the back and soft in the seat; Upholstered in easy-clean plush microfiber
- Easy-reach remote with built-in pocket personalizes massage to key stress areas; Each USB port is 2A to charge any smartphone or tablet
- Overall Dimensions: 36"W x 38.5"D x 39.5"H; Backrest: 33.5"W x 25"H; Seat: 22.5"W x 21"D x 18.5"H; 300lbs weight capacity
2. Esright Massage Recliner Chair
This’s yet another best rocker recliner available for purchase. The chair itself heats, vibrates, making it a great deal for some bit of good massage. More to massage capabilities, the chair is a one-stop choice if you’re looking for maximum comfort and ergonomics.
For those suffering from back pain, or other health issues, the heat and massage functions are great for comforting sore muscles. The Esright Massage Recliner Chair is one of the best rocker recliners for lower back pains too.
The power controls consist of five fitted control modes plus two massage intensity levels, meaning you can adjust everything for a more comprehensive comfort. The varied settings provide plenty of versatilities, without the unit being so complicated. The Esright Massage Recliner Chair also includes the ability to swivel a complete 360 degrees, offering an incredible amount of mobility- users don’t have to strain their joints to get up.
The sturdy faux leather coupled with extra padding are remarkably durable. The chair presents a substantial, more solid feel compared to most recliners out there. And the whole unit comes in at 92.6 pounds, making it be among the lightest models in this list.
The fitted cushion for headrest makes this an excellent recliner to sleep in- no pillow required. Besides, the back and the armrests feature extra thick-sponge padding, which is extremely comfortable for resting and reclining. Customers also appreciate the cup holders and built-in pockets that provide more convenience.
You’ll get four commodious storage pockets on both sides where you can have your remotes, books, magazines, and more. Whether you want a long nap or just a quick break, the Esright Massage Recliner Chair is a fantastic piece. It can recline as flat as 150 degrees for ultimate comfort while sleeping and resting.
- Five modes of control
- Two intensity levels
- 360 degrees swivel
- Lightweight (92.6lbs)
- Delivered in separate packages, so assembly is required
- The footrest can only be adjusted manually
- 【5 Relaxing Function】Relax in this wonderful recliner chair with vibrating, reclining, heating, 360° swivel, rocking features.
- 【Thick Padded, Double Comfort】Soft and sturdy faux leather design suitable for intensive use, padded with extra thick sponge for back cushion and armrest.
- 【Elegant and Friendly Design】2 cup holders and extra storage bags to rest your drinks and hold magazines, good for taking a rest or watching TV, reading on bedroom, living room.
- 【Manual Control Massage Recliner】This upholstered recliner has 140° manual control recline feature, come with remote controller and power cord for massaging function, 5 control modes and 2 intensity levels.
- 【Easy Assembly and Good Customer 】Very easy assembly, all parts and instruction included, no screw needed. Professional Customer Service & Technical Support. Contact us freely if have any question.
3. Magic Union Power Lift Massage Recliner
For those people who have issues with mobility or back problems, the Magic Union Power Lift Massage Recliner chair is a fantastic choice. The massaging chair includes all essentials: fully electronic controls, effective multi-zone massage system and a couple of separate remotes. The chair itself is more than just a recliner with its massaging features. It’s designed to help target various areas in your body that are prone to pains and aches by offering a gentle vibration, which you can set to varied time cycles for a more customized relaxation and relief. The comfort aspect is further improved by a fitted pillow cushion, which’s great for both napping and reclining.
This is one of the most inspiring models to purchase. It’s packed with an extensive range of features. Its lifting mechanism makes it ideal for seniors and persons with mobility issues. The ample seat width, coupled with the well-constructed wooden frame, makes this a sturdy option for tall and big users.
We like the self-heating mechanism, and the massaging function is great. The chair can target four distinct areas of your body, and offers a gentle vibration to soothe pain and enhance healthy blood circulation. What’s more, massage and lift features are all whisper-quiet. The outfit includes cup holders on both sides plus a spacious leather side pockets to hold your TV remotes, magazines, books, and more. If you want a deluxe chair that offers the actual works, then you can count on this one.
- Spacious leather pockets
- Built-in cup holders
- Uniquely, visually appealing design
- Incorporate vibratory massage function
- Self-heating function to soothe muscle soreness.
- 300 pounds weight capacity might not be ideal for overweight people
- Made of solid wooden frame and faux leather, cup holders and pockets for putting TV remote or storage things
- Power lift function could push the entire chair up from its base to help the senior to stand up easily
- Recline the chair and release the built-in foot rest, fully powered by the remote, back and footrest work together
- The 4 areas of massage focus (leg, tight, lumbar,back) with 5 modes( pulse, press, wave, auto, normal) meet your demand of different massage, heat function is for the lumbar part
- Easy to use: With 2 remote controls, it will smoothly and safely control the lift, recline and massage of the chair. Easy to Assembly.
4. DaVinci Piper Recliner and Swivel Glider
The most striking aspect of the DaVinci Piper Recliner and Swivel Glider is the multipurpose upholstery that exposes a visually attractive scheme. Sleek and minimalistic, the contemporary rocker recliner intensifies any mid-century interior. It has a soft heather-grey, which is astoundingly pleasing to most customers.
The upholstery is also pleasant and soft to touch. If you’re much-interested in sticky leather or vinyl, then this could be the perfect option for you. The gliding and reclining mechanism are also effective and out of sight- no horrible metal pieces stabbing out.
Featuring a built-in lumbar pillow and plush leg rest, this chair is remarkably comfortable, even more than you might expect at first glance. We so much love the way it blends and functions. It’s one of the finest chairs with rocking capabilities we’ve ever come across.
The DaVinci Piper Recliner and Swivel Glider is specially designed with new/nursing mommies in mind. It offers a considerable gentle gliding motion, perfect for comforting a fussy infant, and when gone to sleep, the chair remains great for unwinding.
If you want to have something trendier and more sophisticated than any other typical recliner, you’re bound to be impressed by the DaVinci Piper Recliner and Swivel Glider. It’s gorgeous, quiet, smooth and, more importantly, comfortable with a design that stands the test of time without a glitch.
- Smooth swivel feature (360 degrees)
- Sleek modern look
- Includes a lumbar pillow for maximum support
- Some users may not love the built-in lumbar pillow (it’s not removable)
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified: This product has been tested for over 10,000 chemicals! It contributes to cleaner indoor air,creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play and grow. DaVinci is one of very few brands that offer this certification
- DESIGNED FOR PARENT AND BABY: Metal base that allows for a smooth and gentle 360 degree swivel motion and forward and backward gliding so you can be comfortable as you feed or rock your baby to sleep
- RECLINE AND RELAX: We've hidden the reclining mechanism for a more stylish, premium look. Prop up your legs on the plush leg rest and lean back for ultimate comfort. Easily open and close the leg rest without a struggle.
- COMFORTABLE HEADREST: Being a parent is hard work! High back allows moms and dads to comfortably lean back for some much needed rest.
- FOR YOUR BABY'S SAFETY: Say goodbye to toxic chemicals! Upholstery is free of chemical flame retardants. Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDEs) and Formaldehyde free. Meets all CA TB117-2013 flammability requirements.
5. Larkinhurst Rocker Recliner
If you are looking for a dynamic piece of furniture that blends stylish and visually appealing with a high level of performance, the Larkinhurst Rocker Recliner by Ashley Furniture is definitely one of your strongest options. Coming from a top national brand, the chair is among the most widely held of its kind.
In fact, it ranks among the top thirty recliner chairs on amazon, and for a greater course. It boasts excellent customer support due to its comfort level, sturdy design and suitability for persons with mobility issues. It’s an exceptional recliner for sleeping.
In terms of functionality, this is the best manual petite model that comes versatile from factor. It has a separate footrest, recliner mechanism, as well as rocking mechanism embedded on top of a firm bottom base. The versatile all-round recliner ensures excellent comfort for lounging, sleeping, or just sitting upright.
The best rocker recliner is an excellent option for anyone on the small side, trying to get rid of feeling like a kid visiting the grown-up antique world. Apparently, that implies it might be slightly too compact for the tall and big crowd. The unit is built to rock gently, with a smooth sliding mechanism.
The chair’s base design makes it pretty gentle on the floorings, so it’s the best choice to use in marble floors or sensitive hardwood that scratches easily. Artistically, the best rocker recliner features classical sensibilities. The whole thing is light with a slightly dappled brown colour, which is visually attractive. It can match many colour schemes and dÃ©cor styles.
The upsides to the faux leather are easy to clean, and if you’re pretty fast, you can clean up any spills even before they get to the cushions. It’s easy to clean with a damp rag for most parts. Being a manual model means there’s no remote or need to locate it near a power outlet.
Assembly is required, and the package doesn’t include the tools. So buyers will have to supply their own to complete the process. This model is not offered in more than one colour. Apart from those two downsides, the chair is great for everyone looking for a simple, no-frills, rocker recliner, particularly for the petite crowd.
- Excellent customer support
- A simple no-frills manual rocker recliner
- Matching sofa available
- Ergonomic design
- Mode from a well-trusted brand
- Assembly is required
- Not the most comfortable for tall individuals
- TRADITIONAL ROCKER RECLINER: Rich texture and quality comfort meet in this recliner. The stylish rolled arms give it a traditional touch, while the weathered faux leather make it easy on the eyes
- COMFY UPHOLSTERY: This recliner is made with a polyester/polyurethane blend. Pull tab reclining motion eases you back
- EARTHY TONE: There's something so relaxing about the neutral tone. With nailhead trim accents and overstuffed back pillow support, you can lounge fashionably in this chair
- GREAT LIVING ROOM PIECE: Pair with a sofa or armchair for a well-rounded living room you can call your own. Measures 43” W x 40” D x 40” H
- ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Easy-to-follow instructions included. Screwdriver (not included) is needed for assembly. Fits through doorways 32" or wider
6. Ludden Rocker Recliner From Ashley Furniture
Ashley Furniture has made it in the reclining industry, and so far, they’ve developed a quality trajectory to provide the much-needed comfort for their customers. The Ludden Rocker Recliner is of no difference. Employing Ashley Signature design, the model is manufactured with quality materials, and the ideal rocking mechanism and overall layout blend seamlessly with elegance.
As you might expect, Ludden Rocker Recliner is a plush chair with a heavily padded armrest that comforts your arms and protects you from experiencing any pain due to extensive sitting. The whole thing is comfy with fluffy cushioning and ample room.
The seat base and footrest are reinforced with metal for added support. Apart from being lightweight, this best rocker recliner is ideal for both average and overweight persons without fretting about breakages. It uses rocks and side levers to recline efficiently. When fully reclined, the unit extends up to around 70 inches. So it can take up much space.
- Easy to assemble
- Great lumbar support
- Lightweight hence easy to carry
- Ideal even for tall and bigger persons
- Offered in multiple colours
- It can take up a substantial chunk of space
- Remember the cozy feeling of sitting in your dad's recliner when you were young? Relive those memories in this rocking lever recliner with a metal drop-in unitized seat box that adds strength and durability.
- Plush arms, twill upholstery, bustle back cushions, Upholstery pre-approved for wearability and durability against AHFA Standards, Cushion core constructed of low melt fiber wrapped over high quality foam
- CAL 117 fire retardant foam, lever recline, rocker feature, spot clean with water-based cleaner, corners are glued, blocked and stapled, durable frame construction
- Contemporary style fits nicely in your living room, media room, family room or basement
- PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS >>> Overall Size: 40"W x 43-70"D x 43"H | Seat Size: 20"W x 22"D x 22"H | Back Size: 37"W x 27"H | Arm Size: 26"H from floor; 6"H from seat | Wall Clearance: 12"
7. La-Z-Boy Mason Reclina-Rocker Recliner
Hailing from La-Z-Boy, one of the biggest names and probably the most trusted brands in recline worldwide, this rocker recliner presents the best optimal point between comfort and durability. It has a patented frame design, heavy-duty construction, plus reclining adjustment mechanisms. Indeed the company has established a reputation for the best quality over years of innovations.
With a smooth, friendly rocking mechanism, the La-Z-Boy Mason Rocker Recliner is an excellent choice for nursing mummies as well as those comfort seekers who love soothing rocking motion. This chair comes with user-friendly controls, and you can move the footrest and back either together or separately. The tension settings can be adjusted for the leg rest and back to enjoy the three recline positions through a secure locking mechanism.
As for the polyester upholstery, it features a speckled sandy colour which is soft to comfortable and soft to touch, yet durable and straightforward to clean. Additionally, the chair is meant to look great in most rooms where aesthetics and design are considered.
Comfy, ergonomic, and fairly compact, the La-Z-Boy Mason Rocker Recliner is an all-around chair, should you be looking for a rocker recliner with sturdy and reliable built structure. Even with all the goodies, we found that the chair doesn’t include power controls. As such, the unit might be slightly tricky to operate, especially for people well out of youth.
- You can move the back and footrest together or separately
- Adjustable tension settings
- Lightweight- 75 pounds
- Excellent lumbar and body support
- Not the most comfortable for very tall persons
- Manual control only
- Handcrafted in the U. S. A. with U. S. and imported parts.
- Ultra-comfortable casual recliner
- Rocks and reclines for total comfort
- Adjust the legrest with a convenient side-mounted handle.
- 3-position locking legrest for added safety and support.
If you’re looking for a rocker recliner, you’ll certainly find some great models on Amazons, as we’ve covered above. After testing a sheer number of the best rocker recliners, our team found the above-listed models to be the best on the market. These picks have some unique qualities and exceptional performance that put them on the front.
However, there’s always a give and take between quality and economy, and the same applies when it comes to rocker recliners. Remember to consider both comfort and aesthetics when making your choice. From our list of the best rocker recliners, some of our favourites are models from Ashley Furniture since they are the most comfortable and best looking.
Nonetheless, any pick from our squad will offer a blissfully comfortable complement to your home. That being said, they are all worthy of consideration for most comfort seekers. And the ultimate choice depends on what you like most, as well as what model offers the most favourable policies on returns or replacements.