We have reviewed the best replacement casters for office chairs. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top ones.
Have your office chair casters lost their grip? Are they damaging your expensive flooring? Do you find yourself struggling to move your chair because the casters won’t roll?
If your answer to these questions is yes, you might have considered buying a new chair. Well, don’t.
It’s time for you to get new caster wheels for your chairs. Broken or rough casters can cause damage to the flooring. Getting the appropriate casters for your floor is the right option.
Before buying a new set of casters, remove the old wheels, and measure the diameter and the stem size of one of the wheels. Knowing the old wheel’s measurement will make it easier for you to replace them.
In this article, we will discuss some of the best replacement casters for office chairs. Most of the products we have included here are made of high-grade polyurethane (PU) and they have a universal sized stem (7/8 inch Length X 7/16 inch diameter).
We will go through each product one by one, but let’s first check out our top choice.
Our Top Choice – Rollerblade Style Wheels
The Office Chair Caster Wheels (Set of... is our top choice for best replacement casters for office chairs.
These are very simple to affix and fit most office chairs. They are also perfect for all kinds of flooring, be it tiles, wood or even carpet. The rollerblade design means these wheels are smooth and do not create too much friction when rolling on the ground.
The caster has a heavy-duty steel framework and comes with a lifetime guarantee. It has a sleek and modern design. It gives the office chair a new look that fits any interiors.
Some Other Features
- Super smooth and free-rolling movements make it convenient to move the chair any way you want.
- With a heavy-duty axle, the casters are safe for weights of up to 650 pounds.
- A high-grade steel caster with a clear polyurethane wheel makes the caster sturdy.
- It is available with a lifetime guarantee.
Best Replacement Casters For Office
#1 Rollerblade Style Wheels
Embellished with soft polyurethane material, this caster wheel will not leave any marks on your flooring. It is easy to replace this caster, and anyone without experience can also replace it easily.
The caster’s support bracket is made with high-grade steel, which makes it durable. You can use this caster for years to come. It even has a lifetime warranty for replacement from the manufacturer.
The casters come in a set of 5 wheels in one package. The set can withstand weights up to 650 pounds. The wheels have an elegant appearance that can make any ordinary piece of furniture look modern and stylish.
- These rollerblade-style wheels are perfect for any flooring, including tiles, hardwood, and even carpet.
- The wheels are very convenient to replace due to their universal stem size.
- These wheels provide easy gliding with absolutely no noise.
- The heavy-duty riveted steel axle makes the wheel very sturdy.
- Precision ball bearing makes it easy to roll and noiseless.
- Soft PU coating protects the floor from scratches made by the wheels.
- A strong, high-grade steel framework makes these casters durable.
- These casters do not fit with IKEA chairs.
- The larger diameter of the wheel means you may have to push a little harder to move the chair.
#2 STEALTHO Replacement Office Caster Wheels
These stem-design base casters are also very convenient to install and perfect for all kinds of flooring (hardwood, tile, laminate, and carpet).
The stem design leaves little work to do when replacing your old caster – all you need to do is to press in the new caster stem in the socket, and the job is done!
High tech soft polyurethane coating on the wheels makes the wheels very smooth gliding. The heavy-duty ABEC9 ball bearings in the casters prevent the axle from running out. There is no chance that these wheels will make the chair wobble on any surface.
There is an elastic luminophore on the wheel’s base, which makes them glow at night, so no more getting hitting your foot on the wheels in the dark! The weight-bearing capacity of the set of 5 caster wheels is 660 pounds.
- The caster is easy to replace. Take the wheel, direct the stem into the socket, press it in, and it is done!
- The embedded support skirt in the stem does not let the wheel wobble even on the roughest of surfaces.
- The wheels have two extra thrust ball bearings that stop them from falling out.
- These casters are made of elastic polyurethane, making the wheels suitable for any surface – tile, hardwood, and even laminate.
- Luminophore coating on the wheels helps to radiate light in the dark, so you don’t get stubbed on the toe when walking at night.
- The wheel’s heavy-duty steel body makes the wheel strong enough to withstand a weight of 660 pounds.
- Some users faced difficulty in moving the chair on thick carpet flooring after installing this caster.
You might also like to read: Best Chair Casters For Tile Floors
#3 LIFELONG Rubber Chair Casters
This one-push easy-to-install PU and rubber caster for office chairs is an excellent replacement for your old, dusty and broken caster wheels. It is a good buy for hardwood flooring.
These casters slide smoothly without making a single sound. You can enjoy easy movement in the chair over any surface.
Its universal size of 7/8 X 7/16 inches makes it a perfect fit for most chairs. The industrial-grade steel construction of these casters, precision ball bearings, and PU + rubber combination makes these casters a perfect long term choice. The weight capacity of these casters is 650 pounds.
- The universal size of the caster makes it fit all office chairs except IKEA ones.
- The heavy-duty industrial steel construction makes the caster durable enough to bear a weight of 650 pounds.
- Precision ball-bearing makes the caster smooth rolling and noiseless.
- The casters are universally sized and easy to install with just a single push.
- Perfect for hardwood, carpet, vinyl, and laminate floorings.
- It is available at a budget-friendly price.
- The casters are so smooth that they shift from their place and can be risky if you sit on the chair without holding it.
#4 Najiaxiaowu Wheel Caster
This 3-inch office chair replacement caster is available in a set of 5. They are very different from traditional wheels that get tangled in the carpet and destroy your flooring. These office chair casters have flexible polyurethane outer coating that acts as a protector to your costly floors.
It is also easy to replace these casters. You will not need the help of any tools to replace them. They have a universal stem size (7/8 x 7/16 inches), making them an ideal fit for all kinds of gaming, computer, and office chairs.
With a heavy-duty steel framework, the caster is capable of withstanding a weight of 700 pounds. This makes it one of the strongest replacement wheels on our lineup.
The casters have a rollerblade design with a modern and stylish look that adds an elegant feel to the office chair.
- Cost-friendly casters are perfect for replacing the wheels on any office, gaming, and computer chair.
- Flexible polyurethane makes the wheel suitable for carpet and hardwood flooring.
- The heavy-duty steel framework has a weight capacity of 700 pounds, higher than all the previous casters we talked about.
- Universal design makes the casters fit in any chair. These caster wheels can be replaced tool-free.
- 100% full refund guarantee if you do not like these casters
- No locking mechanism is available for the chair.
- These casters may not be suitable for extra-large chairs.
You might also like to read: Best Casters For Carpets
#5 Seddox Office Chair Casters
These rollerblade style office chair casters work best on wooden flooring. These soft and noiseless caster wheels make it easy to roll the chair when working at your office and need to pick up something from another desk or talk to your friend in the next cubicle.
The transparent polyurethane makes the wheel suitable for all other types of floorings, such as vinyl, laminate, and wood. They have a reliable heavy-duty high-grade steel construction that makes the wheel and axle sturdy.
The weight-bearing capacity of these casters is 650 pounds, and they are super stable to boot. The five metal chair casters are designed to be long-lasting. You can replace your cheap plastic casters with these strong casters and not worry about your flooring anymore.
- Universal stem made of heavy-duty steel makes the caster fit all kinds of chairs.
- Smooth swivel with upper and lower bearing.
- The solid steel framework with electro-coated paint makes the frame durable.
- The polyurethane material of the wheel works for all kinds of floors.
- The wheel has a dual precision ball bearing for easy rolling.
- Stem firmly anchors into the socket of the chair, making installation very easy.
- Its weight capacity is 650 pounds.
- The casters roll well on tiles; therefore, you must hold the chair before sitting.
- No built-in brakes to stop the chair from gliding.
#6 Al Vinny Caster Wheels
These chair casters for office chairs are available in a set of 5 and give a smooth experience while moving the chair, without making undue noise.
It is easy to pull out your existing casters and push in these new casters, making them convenient to install and a perfect set of wheels for your chair.
With a heavy-duty stem, the chair casters are a perfect fit for any office chair. These casters are suitable for floorings such as tile, wood, and carpet floor and can withstand weights up to 300 pounds.
The high-grade premium material, i.e., polyurethane, makes the caster strong and durable. The wheels do not make any squeaky noise when you sit or move on the chair. They provide silent gliding on all surfaces.
- These are 2-inch caster wheels, meant for smaller chairs and lesser weight capacity (300 pounds).
- High-grade premium material polyurethane makes it easy to move the wheels.
- These caster wheels ensure no squeaking; They guarantee a completely silent movement.
- A flexible caster that is suitable for wood, tile, and carpet flooring.
- Do note that these are 2-inch wheels, not meant for larger or taller chairs
WHY YOU NEED THEM: Are you tired of always hearing that annoying squeaky sound coming from your office chair? Do you have problems with the lack of flexibility of your chair wheels because they always get stuck on the rug? Are you searching for a way to protect your hardwood floors from your chair? Then we have the solution: the new and improved office chair wheels. STURDY AND RESISTANT: This set of 5 chair wheels is made from premium materials that have a strength capacity of up to 300lb, being a durable element that you will be able to enjoy for many years to come. Moreover, the high-grade steel will support even the most sudden moves, offering you the flexibility you need. PROTECT YOUR FLOORS: Not only are the rubber wheels offering more flexibility to move around your office, no matter the surface, but the polyurethane will protect your hardwood floors from any scratching or extra pressure, allowing you to move freely while taking care of your premium floors. NO MORE SQUEAKY NOISE: If you too have trouble being focused when working because of the constant squeaky noise coming from your office chair, we have good news: installing the set of 5 rubber-covered wheels will get you rid of that problem forever, not to mention that rolling on any type of floor will be easier and more silent. UNIVERSAL FIT: One of the best parts about this set of wheels is that they will fit to any type of chairs (NOT FOR IKEA) you may have, even to big executives. Also, installing them is super easy: you can change your old casters with one, single motion and enjoy this silent and resistant set of rubber wheels that will allow you to forget about the uncomfortable old ones.
WHY YOU NEED THEM: Are you tired of always hearing that annoying squeaky sound coming from your office chair? Do you have problems with the lack of flexibility of your chair wheels because they always get stuck on the rug? Are you searching for a way to protect your hardwood floors from your chair? Then we have the solution: the new and improved office chair wheels.
STURDY AND RESISTANT: This set of 5 chair wheels is made from premium materials that have a strength capacity of up to 300lb, being a durable element that you will be able to enjoy for many years to come. Moreover, the high-grade steel will support even the most sudden moves, offering you the flexibility you need.
PROTECT YOUR FLOORS: Not only are the rubber wheels offering more flexibility to move around your office, no matter the surface, but the polyurethane will protect your hardwood floors from any scratching or extra pressure, allowing you to move freely while taking care of your premium floors.
NO MORE SQUEAKY NOISE: If you too have trouble being focused when working because of the constant squeaky noise coming from your office chair, we have good news: installing the set of 5 rubber-covered wheels will get you rid of that problem forever, not to mention that rolling on any type of floor will be easier and more silent.
UNIVERSAL FIT: One of the best parts about this set of wheels is that they will fit to any type of chairs (NOT FOR IKEA) you may have, even to big executives. Also, installing them is super easy: you can change your old casters with one, single motion and enjoy this silent and resistant set of rubber wheels that will allow you to forget about the uncomfortable old ones.
You might also like to read: Best Casters For Hardwood Floors
Buyer’s Guide: Best Replacement Casters For Office Chairs
Before buying a set of replacement casters for your office chair, these are a few things to look out for.
Wheels come in various shapes, sizes, and most important, materials. The construction of the wheel decides the kind of surface for which it is more suited.
In the case of any casters (including replacement ones), a golden rule is hard casters for soft surfaces (like carpeting), and soft ones for hard surfaces (like hardwood and tiles).
So what are hard casters? The ones that are made from nylon are harder casters. Softer casters are the ones made from polyurethane and rubber. Actually, scratch that – polyurethane is the wonder material that works on both surfaces.
Rolling effortlessly on the chair from one corner to the other makes your work easy and fun, and no one likes a squeaky chair. So how do we get these things in our chairs?
Look for the right ball bearings in the caster assembly. If your casters have high-quality precision ball bearings, your casters will glide silently over your flooring.
Replacing a caster used to be a fair bit of work at one time. There was a lot of hemming and hawing involved, along with screwdrivers, wrenches, and whatnot.
Well, not anymore. Most casters these days come with a long stem design, and all you need to do is push the stem into the chairs socket, and you’re done. Ensure that you don’t end up buying one of the old casters that will make your life miserable with installation hassles!
Heavy Duty Construction
While the wheel’s exterior may be made of PU or rubber or nylon, what makes the wheels durable is the internal construction of the frame and the plate which encloses the ball bearings. Look for an all-steel construction that is best for longevity. Typically the weight capacity advertised is a good indicator of the construction quality as well.
Well, who wants to spend time doing all this research again and again. Get the right wheels in one go, and you are set for at least a good 10-15 years. While construction and material are definitely important, you also have to look at the design for maintenance – choose casters that either don’t have too many openings for fiber, dust, and grime to get stuck in the wheels, or else are made in a way that you can clean them easily without getting your fingers hurt. Your choice, but either way, they should avoid dust and hair, because those things will kill the longevity of your casters and suck the life out of them.
Frequently Asked Questions: Best Replacement Casters For Office Chairs
What is the best material to choose from when buying office chair casters?
When buying office chair casters, you can choose high-grade polyurethane with a heavy-duty steel frame for office use. This material makes it very easy to move and roll from one place to another on any surface – tiles, wood, carpeting, vinyl.
Replacement casters are available in various designs, and many provide a guarantee that it will not cause dents or scratches on your expensive floors.
What is the best load capacity the office caster must-have?
The load capacity is a significant factor to consider when buying office casters. To avoid any injury, you must buy caster wheels that can withstand a load capacity between 300 pounds to 700 pounds, which makes the chair suitable for extra heavy individuals.
How does the diameter of the caster affect mobility?
An office chair caster diameter must be either 2 inches or 3 inches (those are the standard sizes). The larger the caster, the better it is to roll the chair. Bigger wheels can support more weight and can be more stable as well.
When choosing the size of the wheels, also consider the height of the chair. Taller chairs need bigger wheels, but if your chair is short, you may prefer a smaller wheel size.
To summarize, look at the type of floor you have, the construction of the caster, the kind of ball bearings, and the weight capacity they have. If you find a good match for your conditions, that’s the caster to purchase!
In this article, we have selected the best replacement casters for office chairs based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Office Chair Caster Wheels (Set of... is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is easy to replace and rich in features.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the 2 Inch Office Chair Caster Wheels... , which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
You might be interested in reading: