In this article, we have reviewed the the best heated recliners for back pain. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot. Or you can scroll down for detailed product reviews.
The right heated recliner can help alleviate back pain, relax your sore muscles and keep you toasty warm during those chilly nights while watching TV. Many of the best heated recliners also come with some massage capabilities. Although, if massage is your primary objective then you are best off going for a massage chair. A recliner is really meant for you to spend some relaxed time while you put your feet up and snuggle in!
There are various reasons why people buy heated recliners. Some may simply have issues staying warm, which is particularly true for seniors or those suffering from some health issues.
Heated recliners are also useful in colder parts of the world. Moreover, with a heated recliner, you need not keep your whole house heated in the winters. You could do quite well with just that and a nice and snug blanket.
Finally, there are also those comfort seekers who want a heated recliner to relax their sore muscles. It could be that they work on physically demanding jobs, or it’s due to an ailment.
So all said and done, a modern invention like a heated recliner can go a long way in keeping you comfortable and relaxed.
Reviews of the Best Heated Recliners for Back Pain
1. Kahuna Superior Recliner Chair with SL-Track 6 Rollers
If you’re in the market searching for something that delivers more than just massage in its functionality, then the Kahuna Superior Recliner Chair with SL-Track 6 Rollers might be the most reliable option for you. It boasts a total of nine programs; four select, and five autos.
The auto programs consist of Fast Recovery, Relaxation, Yoga stretching, Athlete, and Pain Relief. With the four special programs, you’ll enjoy senior mode, Golfer, office individual, as well as dynamic sport. The zero gravity position grants you a massage-like experience, especially with these special programs. These features make the unit to be one of the best-heated recliners in the market.
While most of us don’t have the luxury of dishing out substantial bucks every evening to have a session with a professional masseuse, you may also want to make a one-time investment. Thus, you can secure a heated recliner that eradicates all your stress and tensions anytime, whenever you want. As that sounds perfect, the Kahuna Superior Massage Chair comes with incredible features that target most of your stress areas to make you feel comfortable and restored.
Still, not all recliners on the market will offer the best comfort, and some are not really worth your investment. As one of the best models, the Kahuna Superior Massage Chair employs an outstanding technology that makes the massage almost similar to that of human touch.
Another feature that makes it unique from other chairs is the six rollers that allow you to enjoy the massage through six diverse positions. Combine that with the excellent heating therapy included in this fantastic heated massage recliner.
- Nine different programs
- Five massage levels
- Space-saving design
- Provides massage in Zero-Gravity
- Ideal for most users irrespective of body types
- Two-year labor and part warranty
- DEAL - Upgraded as 03/01/2018 – Triple Hip airbags, Revised remote controller to more user friendly, air intensity massage up to 5 levels. 2 Years Part & Labor Warranty included
- [Total 9 Auto programs including 4 special programs] 5 Auto programs - Yoga Stretching, Fast Recovery, Pain Relief, Relaxation, Athlete and 4 special programs - Office Person, Golfer, Senior Mode, Dynamic Sport – These special programs provide unique massage experience in Zero Gravity position
- A progressive Kahuna chair SM-7300 collaborated with top performing technology embedded with variety of different techniques which are kneading, tapping, knocking, tapping + knocking, and shiatsu massage on selective body proportion of whole or partial or fixed point on body. It performs close to human-touch massage as it proceeds the massage like having a personal masseuse in your home
- Superior Kahuna Massage Chair SM-7300 accommodate all body types including heavier and bigger body figures adding 3 more inches to the shoulders and hip area to accommodate all body types up to 6ft 5inches and up to 320 lbs. The upgraded Space saving technology using ameliorated forward sliding mechanism allowing quieter transition that only requires 3 inches off from the wall
- The SM-7300 functions with 6 rollers provide experience of being massaged by 6 different hands and the whole body being embraced while the massage is being processed
2. Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair
This amazing heated recliner chair from Mcombo boasts a ton of features that makes it one of the best choices in the market. To start, the chair is a lift recliner. That means it’s effortless to get in/out even for people with mobility problems. You can recline this chair into three different configurations up to a maximum of 140 degrees.
One of the most impressive features of this chair is that it has a massage function included in the back. It has nine different modes of a massage function and five varied intensity levels. All these come in handy when you want to customize the motion and comfort levels that suit your needs.
It also comes with a remote control, which you can easily slip into the chair’s side-pocket. The model is more convenient in that you can turn the heater off independently from the massage function.
The company also emphasized small aspects that make the chair even more enjoyable. The Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair features two cup holders and USB ports where you can charge your mobile devices while reclining.
Most users were impressed by this chair, and aside from its great features, we found the extra padding to be extremely comfortable. Buyers particularly liked the headrest that keeps your neck and back on proper posture when you sit for extended periods. The upholstery is made of soft synthetic leather.
The chair is offered in a range of different colors, so buyers can match this model with almost any room. Several customers also stated that the manufacturer also provides excellent customer support in the rare affairs that something goes astray with the recliner.
- Comfortable heated recliner
- Three massaging position
- Nine different modes
- Heating function serves independently
- Excellent customer services
- USB ports and cup holders
- Maximum weight capacity of 320 pounds
- Power Lift Assistance: Counter-balanced lift mechanism with TUV certified actuator pushes the entire chair up to assist the user stand up easily without adding stress to back or knees, smoothly adjust to lift or reclining position you prefer by pressing two buttons on the remote control.
- Full-body Vibration & Lumbar Heating: It comes 8 vibrating points around the chair and 1 lumbar heating point. Both can turn off in fixed time 10/20/30 minutes. (Heating function works with vibration separately.)
- Clean Easily & Durable Upholstery: The chair features high-quality faux leather for easy cleaning while still providing superior comfort and aesthetics. Clean with a dry or damp lint-free cloth (no need for oils or waxes).
- USB Charging Ports & Cup Holders: The chair has dual USB outlets that keep your devices charging and dual side pockets for small items within reach, two cup holders on both sides of armrests best meets your needs. (Notes: The USB ports ONLY for low-power devices, such as iPhone, iPad.)
- -IMPORTANT INFORMATION- 1. Delivery: The chair comes with 2 boxes and we ship them on the same day but the carrier may deliver them to your door on different days. 2. Easy assembly required, no tools needed. 3. Max reclining angle: 140°. 4. Recommended height: 5'1"-5'9". 5. If you have any concerns regarding your health, consult your doctor before using the product. 6. Any questions? Contact us now, you will receive a reply within 12 hours!
3. Esright Massage Recliner Chair
Esright Massage Recliner Chair is a multipurpose seat offering reclining, massaging, heating and vibrating capabilities, all in one. The model is hard to beat when it comes to comfort and convenience, making it one of the best-heated recliners in 2021.
It also features an extra thick padded sponge, so users will have ultimate comfort while sinking in it. Made with soft, yet sturdy PU leather, you can count on it for some intense massage too.
The 360-degree swivel mechanism allows you to make the movements. Besides, it has a 150-degree reclining feature, which is great for the lower back. The remote control consists of five control modes and a couple of intensity levels, so you can customize the unit to match your own needs. What’s better, the heated recliner hangs a low price tag for the budget crowd.
The internal massager includes eight different nodes that work across your legs and back. You can operate the heat function separately from the massage with the same remote control. According to customers, the chair itself is exceptionally comfortable.
The whole thing is covered in synthetic leather upholstery. The head and seat are heavily padded for maximum comfort. The seat comes in at 23 inches wide, which is pretty much for most users.
As for the armrests, each comes around half a foot in width to provide much space for stretching out. Being a manual recliner, most users didn’t report issues with it, although some found the assembly to be somewhat tricky. But the company’s customer support team helped take users through the process. The Esright Massage Recliner Chair comes in a range of colors.
- Super relaxing
- Fine leather
- Heated rocker recliner
- Massage function
- Available in multiple colors
- Great for intensive use
- Two cup holders and four storage bags
- Not the easiest to assemble
- 【5 Relaxing Function】Relax in this wonderful recliner chair with vibrating, reclining, heating, 360° swivel, rocking features.
- 【Thick Padded, Double Comfort】Soft and sturdy faux leather design suitable for intensive use, padded with extra thick sponge for back cushion and armrest.
- 【Elegant and Friendly Design】2 cup holders and extra storage bags to rest your drinks and hold magazines, good for taking a rest or watching TV, reading on bedroom, living room.
- 【Manual Control Massage Recliner】This upholstered recliner has 140° manual control recline feature, come with remote controller and power cord for massaging function, 5 control modes and 2 intensity levels.
- 【Easy Assembly and Good Customer 】Very easy assembly, all parts and instruction included, no screw needed. Professional Customer Service & Technical Support. Contact us freely if have any question.
4. Relaxzen Deluxe Leisure Recliner Chair
The best-heated recliner chair from Relaxzen incorporates some specialities that make it quite unique from other chairs out there in that it lacks a leg section. Instead, you rest your feet on an extended ottoman.
As such, the unit is slightly more flexible since you don’t actually have to elevate your legs when reclining. Also, users found the ottoman to be stylish, thanks to its finished wooden base. Aside from the recliner an ottoman, you’ll also get a sheer number of eight massage nodes.
Users can utilize the remote to choose what nodes are to be activated at any time. You can also switch the chair through nine distinct massage modes and enjoy five different intensity levels.
These features, coupled with the movable ottoman, will perfectly help with targeted massage on your legs and lower back. Indeed the chair is among the most reliable heated massage recliners, and similar to other best-heated recliners, you can easily turn on/off the heat separately from massage functions.
One downside to this unit is that the maximum weight it can hold is limited to just 250 pounds. This is because it features a swivelling wooden base and not a solid metal base. Heavyset comfort lovers will need to determine whether this unit is strong enough for them.
However, although users generally considered this unit to be extremely comfortable, it’s good to mention that the seat and armrest are not thickly padded compared to other chairs. Customers found the synthetic leather upholstery comfy and soft against the skin. There were trivial complaints that the seat may be too hard for extensive sittings.
- Nine massage modes
- Five intensity levels
- Matching ottoman
- Independent heat function
- Swivelling wooden base
- Lightweight and easy to move
- 250 pounds of maximum weight capacity
- Seat and armrest are not heavily padded
- Eight vibration massage motors relax the upper back, mid back, thighs and calves
- Choose independent massage zones or 9 pre-programmed random modes, each with 5 intensity levels
- Soothing heat treatment in lumbar area. Seat Height From Floor (MAX) - 17. Chair Back Cushion Width - 22. Chair Back Cushion Thickness - 3. Chair Back Cushion Height - 26. Arm Height From Floor (MAX) - 22. Arm Height From Seat (MAX) - 6
- Features swivel, recline and recline tension adjustment
- Luxurious thick, chocolate brown padded microsuede upholstery with a wood base for the utmost comfort
5. Best Choice Products Executive Swivel Massage Recliner
When it comes to sustainable comfort, Best Choice brings it to you along with a heat function, reclining capabilities, all encased in a soft faux leather upholstery. The chair has a beautiful design that can blend easily with your existing decor for a more classic and appealing look. And it’s easy to clean. The adjustability feature allows you to enjoy five different intensity modes, which you can set using the attached remote control to suit your needs.
The main stress points are usually lower back, upper back, feet, and thighs. As such, the relaxing heat function and vibration in this Executive Swivel Massage Recliner serves for all of these problematic points. It has a couple of built-in cup holders where you can keep your drinks while resting in the chair. There are also storage pockets to hold your favourite novels, magazines, and remote. The best-heated recliner is accompanied by a handy remote control that is attached to the unit, meaning you’ll not be likely to lose the remote now and then.
- Five intensity modes
- Easy cleaning
- Faux leather upholstery
- Storage pockets
- Cup holders
- Attached remote control
- Not all functions will serve for a long term
- TARGETED HEAT & VIBRATION: Relaxing heat and vibration intensities are adjustable, specifically targeting and massaging stress points in the back, lumbar, thighs, and lower legs
- MOBILE FUNCTIONALITY: Designed for optimal mobility and relaxation, featuring a side handle that pulls for easy reclining and 360-degree swivel that promotes movement without restriction
- BUILT-IN HOLDERS: For extra convenience, 2 built-in cup holders and 4 convenient storage pockets can hold TV remotes, books, magazines, phones, and more
- REMOTE CONTROL: Built with an attached remote control that lets you easily adjust massage intensity, heating, and choose from 5 different modes
- ULTIMATE COMFORT: A soft, easy-to-clean faux leather upholstery has a classic appeal and is filled with plush padding to provide maximum comfort; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 33"(L) x 30"(W) x 42"(H); Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
6. Mecor Heated Recliner Chair
Aesthetically engineered with top-quality bonded leather, the Mecor Heated Recliner Chair offers the massage experience that unwinds all the stress after an exhausting day. It provides a full body massage to relax both your lower back, upper back, lumbar, and thighs individually.
You just need to pick one of the five massage modes. It also includes a heating system that ensures your muscles are relaxed even further. It has a wooden frame and seat, back and arms are heavily padded for added comfort and relaxation. The chair can recline as far as 135 degrees, and it’s delivered in two pieces for easy and straightforward assembly. The structure provides a couple of cup holders where you can keep your drinks, and a pocket to keep the remote handy.
- Ideal for people with a bad back
- Five massage modes
- Easy assembly
- Super comfortable
- User-friendly remote control
- Soft, high-quality leather
- Limited customer service
- Heat function not independent from vibration
- MASSAGE RECLINER CHAIR-8 point massage,a heating system and 5 massage modes for selection ,having a full body massage to relax upper back, lower back,thigh and lumbar, each point can be operated individually to relieve stress, address painful tension, stretch shoulder muscle.
- SWIVEL RECLINER-360 degree swivel,the chair can be rotated in a full circle;160 degree reclining for optimal comfort ,especially for people after a surgery or with back problems.NOTICE:This recliner chair without lift and down function.
- MATERIAL-Made of soft 100% high quality bonded leather ,solid wood frame,and luxuriously thick padded arms/seat/back,it is comfortable enough to spend hours in it, especially for people after a surgery or with back problems.
- ASSEMBLE STEPS-Recliner chair come in 4 pieces:1 Back+1 Seat+2 Arms.Installation Steps: Slip 2 Arm parts onto the seat base, next slip the back part onto the base,then you're complete!
- DIMENSION-33" Lx33.5"W x42" H, Seat Dimension:21.5"W x20.5"D, Weight Capacity: 330lbs
7. MAGIC UNION Power Lift Massage Recliner
For those comfort seekers looking for a comfortable massage heated recliner that’s ideal even for seniors, the MAGIC UNION Power Lift Massage Recliner hits with a power lift function. The feature enables you to push the whole unit up, and even the elderly can easily stand up. The chair features a solid wooden frame.
Apparently, this model from Magic Union competes with Mcombo products for the best-heated recliner title. It’s slightly less costly and comes loaded with practically as many features. One striking feature, apart from the heating element, is the state-of-the-art massaging function. Massaging heads are designed to work on your thighs, lower back, legs, and upper back simultaneously.
You can also choose from five varied pulse modes to get much-needed comfort. The lift and massage functions are operated through a couple of different remotes. You can tuck these remotes away in the pocket available on the side of the seat. More importantly, the heater can be controlled separately from the massage heads with the remotes.
The unit itself can be adjusted to fit three different positions. It has a maximum recline of 140 degrees. That means you can’t lie all the way flat to this in this heated recliner. Even so, it has a thickly padded headrest to maintain your neck alignment while resting, and according to users, the lift mechanism operates at a considerable speed. Though they feature just about the same features, the MAGIC UNION Power Lift Massage Recliner is slightly less reliable compared to Mcombo.
- Padded headrest
- Back and leg massager
- Lift function
- Easy to assemble
- User-friendly remote controls
- Safe lifting as well as reclining
- Independent heat and massage functions
- Issues associated with massage units and bad motors
- Only available in two colors
- Made of solid wooden frame and faux leather, cup holders and pockets for putting TV remote or storage things
- Power lift function could push the entire chair up from its base to help the senior to stand up easily
- Recline the chair and release the built-in foot rest, fully powered by the remote, back and footrest work together
- The 4 areas of massage focus (leg, tight, lumbar,back) with 5 modes( pulse, press, wave, auto, normal) meet your demand of different massage, heat function is for the lumbar part
- Easy to use: With 2 remote controls, it will smoothly and safely control the lift, recline and massage of the chair. Easy to Assembly.
8. SUNCOO Massage Recliner Bonded Leather Chair
This chair brings you a complete 360-degree swivel and a manual reclining mechanism for those who like reclining manually rather than using remote controls that are usually tricky to understand. You can manually set the backrest in a way the footrest comes out when you recline.
Apart from the heating mechanism, the chair has a rocker function for ultimate maximum comfort. The upholstery features a bonded leather, and it’s very soft to the skin. The back cushions and headrests are both adjustable for more convenience.
What is more, the design is firm and sturdy, making it ideal for intents and purposes. Your lumbar, back, and legs will be carefully treated by the SUNCOO Massage Recliner Bonded Leather Chair.
- 360-degree swivel
- Durable and sturdy
- Heating system
- Eight-point massage
- Rocker function for added comfort
- The footrest is a bit difficult to close
- No remote controller
- HEATED RECLINER MASSAGE CHAIR: Ergonomically designed with heating system, along with 5 modes, 8 points massage, SUNCOO recliner chair is ideal for stiff muscle relax, pain, anxiety, and even tiredness relief. This full-body massage sofa works for improving sleep quality, for helping users to recover from exhausting works.
- ROCKING CHAIR: This recliner chair Includes a rocker's function that allows the occupant the ability to rock back and forth by shifting their weight or pushing lightly with their feet to maximize comfort.
- RECLINING SWIVEL CHAIR: 360 degrees swivel empowers the armchair to be turned around in a full circle. With the 135 degrees reclining function, this lazy boy recliner maximizes to help users fully stretch out to the best sleeping position for a healthy back.
- THICKLY PADDED SOFA: Cushions and armrests are filled with high-density thick foam, along with the finest bonded leather, this large size armchair is extremely comfortable to lie in, and is very easy to clean. Sturdy and durable design suitable for intensive applications.
- CAREFULLY PACKED: This deluxe Ergonomic lounge will be delivered in 2 parcels to avoid damages, requires only a simple assembly.
Best Heated Recliner – Buying Guide
While this is a significant investment, there are various things to think through before you actually add a recliner to your home. Understanding what you want will lead to a prolific purchase, and so you need to keep the following things in mind if you’re to get one of the best-heated recliners in 2021.
There is a whole variety of recliners in the market, but not a single recliner can offer all features. Think about what you want to achieve with your recliner chair. Some will come with automatic control systems, while some will provide manual control. Generally, basic recliner features include neck and back reclining options, armrests, feet extenders, and a remote control panel.
Additionally, you need to ascertain what type of massage functions are offered by the heated recliner of your choice. Some will provide you with the option to enjoy multiple forms of massage in one unit, while others are more specialized. It could be you want Swedish massage, Kneading, Shiatsu, Rolling, Pressure, Rapid Percussion, or rocking. Make sure the chair can provide your much-needed massage.
Size and Design
Size and design are also essential to consider as recliners can be really big. A recliner chair with back, neck, and leg reclining option cannot be set against the wall or even a corner. Consider where you intend to put it; that could be in an office, your living room, theatre room, or bedroom. Whatever place you want, make sure there’s enough room to make the recliner serve in the best way. You may also want something aesthetically pleasing. So make sure what you choose is beforehand.
Recliner chairs come with specified weight capacity, which you don’t want to exceed. Else, you’ll easily damage the unit or even break it into parts while reclining. Almost any heated chair can withstand a user weight of 250 pounds. Most of the models reviewed in this post have a weight capacity of between 300 to 350 pounds. For a heavier person, it’s better to choose an extra sturdy, heavy-duty chair to support them comfortably.
Before you actually transact for your heated recliner, let it be one of the most durable. After falling in love with the model design and other features, ask yourself if it’s durable enough to serve for long and whether it’s a good value for money. Most of these questions are well-answered in reviews. Parts such as bottom cushion, neck rest, leg rest, balls and rollers, as well as electronics, should last longer without glitches. Be sure to check durability.
You’ll have to determine the level of the massage intensity that will be favorable for you. Most heated recliners will let you increase/decrease the power. If more than one person needs to use the chair, all with different tolerance levels, you should ideally consider an option that can offer the most options for the intended users. Check out the settings as well. Make sure they’re convenient enough to help make quick adjustments.
A recliner chair that has remote controls usually looks more appealing. However, make sure it has a built-in panel. In case you have children around, chances are you’ll not get the remote when you need it the most, or it’ll run out of batteries rather quickly. A recliner that lacks a built-in panel will not be of much use. It should always give the option to operate even without a remote control. On that note, if you have a naughty child, you may want to see and check out the best kids recliner to make them sit and read their favorite books quietly.
Small features and add-ons can add the comfort you get from a heated recliner. For instance, the Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair offers a couple of USB ports and cup holders, so you’ll hardly have to get out of the chair. If you’re one of those who like having a chair, a cup holder and a swivel tray can be helpful to keep things handy and clean.
Buying a heated recliner is a great investment, particularly when you’re a working professional who always gets exhausted nearly every day. In this post, we covered all the much-needed information to get the best piece for your home. All the above-stated brands offer some of the best-heated recliners in 2021, which you can buy and secure some good massage every day. Check out the features of each and see which one among the above matches your needs the most. The right heated recliner can help get rid of stress, back pains, and tensions connected to discomfort.