For the tall ones, well, let us just say they have their problems. Tall chairs that aren’t tall enough to support your head, others that aren’t high enough for your lets, and padding that seems to be in all the wrong places.
There are lots of gaming chairs that claim to be a big and tall, only for them to collapse on you. Something like that is sure to annoy you to no end. That is why we took it upon ourselves to seek out the real heavy-duty chairs for big and tall users.
After a rigorous search and testing, coupled with customer feedback from those who have had them for a long time, we narrowed it down to eight contenders. Here, you will find chairs that will laugh at your 400 or more pounds, and keep doing it for years.
8 Best Gaming Chair for Tall and Big Person in 2020
1. AKRacing Masters Series
AKRacing is a very respected name in the gaming chair industry. Their products are top-notch and are endorsed by numerous pro gaming teams. With this premium master’s series gaming chair, you get the epitome of durability and comfort. This is why.
- Wide flat seat, wide back with wings able to accommodate even the biggest people. The flat seat design allows for a variety of sitting positions, which bucket seats don’t.
- Heavy-duty steel frame with a 10-year warranty.
- High strength molded aluminum base.
- Premium engineered leather material. Comfortable, durable and easily maintained.
- 4D adjustable armrest: Can be moved up and down, diagonally, and sideways.
- Rock and lock function: The backrest can tilt back between 90° and 180°, as well as being lock anywhere in between. You can rock easily in this chair.
- Custom class IV pneumatic gas lift system to support up to 400 lbs (181 kg) of weight.
This chair has typically been called a tank of a gaming chair. We couldn’t describe it better. This is a chair that you can use for decades.
- Flat seat design is a great option for restless users.
- Heavy and dense cushioning will retain resilience even after years of usage.
- Armrests can be adjusted in any way you wish.
- Expensive. The price tag might put away some people.
2. Anda Spirit King Gaming Chair
Big and tall gaming chairs tend to be pricey, mostly over $400. So when we came across the Anda Spirit King, we were intrigued. You will be too because this chair is the best option for the heavy fellas on a budget. Not only is it large and wide, but its comfort is superb and the construction promises years of service. Our time with it told us a few things.
- Large flat seat design, perfect for all kinds of sitting positions. Seat size is about 21.6″ by 23.0″.
- Thick, dense foam cushions to support your body without giving out too soon.
- 3D adjustable armrests, that is, up, down, back and forth.
- Class IV pneumatic gas system for height adjustment. Can support up to 440 lbs (199kgs), the recommended weight is about 395 lbs (179 kgs).
- The backrest can recline with a locking tilt mechanism, between 90° and 180°.
- High-quality PVC leather material, durable and easy to maintain.
- Molded aluminum base for maximum strength.
You would normally expect that the cheaper items in every category to be of poorer quality, but that is not the case here. This chair can march the features of most other competitors. It is comfortable, and very durable.
- Durable metal design.
- Large lumbar and head support cushions to fit the large users the chair is meant to serve.
- The armrests cannot tilt diagonally, which would be a nuisance for narrower people.
3. DXRacer King Series
DXRacer is synonymous with racing chairs and is the company credited with producing the first racing gaming chair back in 2006. Before then, they were making racing chairs for actual racing cars. So it’s safe to say that DXRacer knows their way around a racing chair. However, you must be prepared to meet the price tag.
- Super large. It comes with a wide flat seat and wide tall armrests. Recommended weight: 275 lbs (124 kg), max weight 450 lbs (204 kg). Recommended height: 5’9″ to 6’2″. (1.88m).
- Heavily cushioned with high-density foam for added resilience.
- Molded aluminum base with extra-large casters for easy movement.
- 4D adjustable armrests can move in any direction.
- Recliner function with a tilt lock that can go back up to 135°. It can also rock back and forth.
- High-grade carbon black PU leather material, guaranteed to last for years.
This is the king of the big and tall gaming chairs, what more can be said? Just be aware that it will cost you a very pretty penny, but on the bright side, you are not likely to go shopping for another gaming chair for years to come. Again, you should know that this chair is for the big guys. It will overwhelm anyone of lesser stature. That’s what kings do, isn’t it?
- Extra heavy-duty build. The metal frame comes with a lifetime warranty to prove it.
- Extra heavy cushioning. No matter how heavy you are, this chair is up to the task.
- Extra large castors distribute the weight better and will be less risky to your floor or carpet.
- Expensive. Top quality demands top dollar here.
4. Vertagear P-Line PL6000 Racing Series Gaming Chair
The Vertagear P-Line is another manufacturer of gaming chairs for big and tall people. The chair we reviewed was super; it did very well with every test and obstacle we threw at it. It is very comfortable for large fellas, although it features the bucket seat design and its wings are a little bit more prominent.
- Ergonomic design, high back with headrest for support. It also comes with an extra-large lumbar support cushion and another for the neck.
- Heavy-duty frame construction with a Class IV pneumatic gas lift can support up to 440 lbs (199kgs). However, the recommended weight is lower at about 390lbs (176 kg).
- 3D adjustable armrests can move up, down, to and fro.
- Cast aluminum base.
- The carbon black PU cover is striking.
The thing with this chair is that some of our friends, as well as some on Amazon, seem to have had a problem with the base breaking off just near the castors. However, it does seem like there was an issue with a batch or two because the rest are holding up admirably.
- Large design, with bucket seat and winged backrest will fit any user closely.
- The carbon black design is very authoritative and dominant.
- Durable PU material.
- Some users had their base fail on them soon after assembly, which it seems was dealt with appropriately by Vertagear.
5. RESPAWN-400 Racing Style Gaming Chair
If you’re a big boy or girl looking for a gaming chair that will take you without drilling holes in your wallet, this is for you. The RSP-400 is big no doubt. It is 22.7″ by 24.2″ between the armrests, so there is a lot of space there for users of any size. To see how well it can handle itself, we need to examine it further.
- Full steel tube frame for strength and support.
- Heavy dense foam padding.
- Smooth bonded leather material for durability and easy maintenance.
- 4D adjustable armrests can move up, down, back and forth as well as sideways.
- The backrest can recline up to 180°, with a tilt lock mechanism.
- Classic racing design and flashy color themes.
For the price at which you purchase this gaming chair, these features are amazing. It is basically a conventional gaming chair made bigger and better. You are not likely to break this one down soon either.
- Very affordable.
- Wide flat seat build for freedom to change postures at will.
- Large base and casters to support the extra weight.
- The bonded leather material in this one is solid cut, so there is no aeration.
6. Furmax Desk/Gaming Chair
The Furmax desk chair is not specifically designed for large people, unlike the previous ones we have looked at. However, it is here because it seems to be wildly popular, being the number 1 best seller in the computer gaming chair category. What’s more, it is not only smaller people who are buying it, so there must be something in it.
- Toned down racing design, with a wide flat seat and wide flat backrest.
- Breathable PU leather material.
- Standard 5-point star castor wheel system.
- Fixed armrests.
- 3-inch seat padding and 2 inch back padding for comfort.
- Rocking function. It can also recline with a conventional tilt mechanism.
- Class III gas lift, can support up to 280lbs (127 kg).
This is a very decent chair, and if you’re small to intermediate, you can get it off Amazon for peanuts. The price is probably why it sells like hot cake, but if you’re on the bigger side, save your money and time and go for a heavy-duty one.
- Very cheap.
- Multifunction: It can also be used as an office chair.
- Minimalistic design yet remaining comfortable.
- If you weigh past 250 lbs, don’t even think about it.
7. Ficmax Ergonomic Racing/Gaming Chair
This is another one that is great for small to large fellas. The Ficmax racing chair comes with all the knick-knacks you would expect from a gaming chair, and then some. You also get a vibrating massager in the lumbar support cushion as well as a retractable footrest. This is a nice touch from Ficmax.
- Heavy cushioning to the tune of 4.8″ of high-density foam.
- PU leather material.
- Class IV gas piston able to support up to 300 lbs (136kg).
- 360° swivel and tilt/rock mechanism up to 180°.
- Ergonomic racing chair design with a high back and separate lumbar and neck support cushions.
- Vibrating massager built into the lumbar cushion.
- Retractable footrest for relaxing.
For the super heavy boys and girls, this chair will not hold you. But if you’re small to intermediate in size, it is amazing. The extras added by Ficmax are a nice addition that you can appreciate after a day of hard work.
- The massager is a nice addition, so is the footrest.
- The super thick cushioning feels just like sinking into a couch.
- Very affordable.
- Not for the heavyweights.
8. GTRacing Gaming Chair
GTRacing is another well-respected name in the gaming chair world. With almost 2000 user reviews on Amazon and an average of 4-star reviews, this is definitely one of the bestsellers.
- Seat dimensions: 16.0″ by 19.6″. Not too big.
- Strong metal frame for support and durability.
- Thick foam cushioning for comfort.
- Ergonomic design with removable/adjustable lumbar and neck support cushions.
- It can rock as well as recline up to 170°.
- Soft PU leather material.
This GTRacing Gaming Chair is perfect for mid-sized gamers. For the extra-large, it will be a bit constrained and the gas lift may not handle it well. Otherwise, it is a great gaming chair for a great price, and the user reviews prove that.
- The full metal frame is a sign that the manufacturers are serious about what they are doing.
- The prominent wings on the back as well as the bucket give a close comfortable fit.
- Armrests can be adjusted up or down.
- The gas piston does not do this chair justice, because it could hold more weight.
It can be frustrating to buy a gaming chair and have it buckle up under you within months. It could even cause injury, which is why as a big and tall gamer, you need to do your due diligence before you press the Buy button.
In this case, we have done that for you and this is our recommended list of the best gaming chairs for big and tall people. Here we have everything from the top-of-the-range DXRacer to more affordable options. All you have to do is see which is perfect for you. If it fits your budget, go ahead and buy it!