In this article, we have reviewed some of the best recliner covers. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot. Or you can scroll down for detailed product reviews.
You probably spent a lot of bucks on your plushy comfortable recliner. That brings about the point of having one of the Top 6 Best Recliner Covers in 2021 to safeguard your investment. These pieces will work great to make sure your luxury chair remains in prime shape for an extended period of time.
As you may already know, furniture for your own specific needs can be costly. And in most cases, these fittings are vulnerable to damages. Luckily, that’s precisely where furniture protectors come to play. Recliner covers are available in a range of colors and designs, so you don’t have to violate your room’s decor to have them in place.
Apart from being comfortable and attractive, slipcovers will not compromise with your seat’s comfort panel and aesthetics. Additionally, other furniture covers are so beautiful, giving the unit a completely new look. In this guide, we’re going to discuss these cover goodies; recliner covers to be specific. Before getting any further, below is the buying guide of the best recliner covers available for purchase:
What to look for in the Perfect Recliner Cover (Buying Guide)
One best thing about recliner covers is that they make your chair look restored and clean, considering you can detach them and take them off for a quick machine wash, and put them back flawlessly.
Recliner covers will often come in one piece, but you’ll always find others in four pieces. More pieces means that you can easily install the cover. More so, different pieces make the recliner appear more tailored as the slipcover will look exactly custom made.
In case you want a one-piece slipcover, choose a style that features discreet placement labels. These tags eliminate the frustrating guesswork, thereby helping you position the slipcover properly.
Another critical aspect to consider when choosing your recliner cover is the size. Although we shall take this further, it’s good to understand that these products come in various sizes. From petite to extra-large, you’ll also find others that come with universal design, meant to match all chairs. What is more, some will run small, while others run large.
A decent cover should comfortably fit chairs with a width of between 30-37 inches. Others will stretch further enough to cover 40 inches wide recliners. So if your chair is on the more broadside, consider a slipcover that has more of Spandex to ensure it can stretch further.
Now that you have some prior knowledge let’s examine the market by focusing on various crucial aspects to keep in mind before making the purchase.
Whole or Partial Coverage
As mentioned in the product reviews, you can always choose from either full-coverage covers or from those covers that only fit various parts of the chair. Each choice comes with its pros and cons.
Full slipcovers are designed to offer the look of a restored/reupholstered recliner, although they’re rather challenging to install and take off. Protectors are generally easier to put on/off, and they come in a range of convenient sizes.
Nonetheless, a protector appears more of a shield and not really an upholstery. On that note, some parts of your well-worn recliner might still show.
Some recliner covers are made of pique fabrics, a weave that forms a soft and slight waffled texture. More Spandex employed in the fabric content will make the slipcover to be stretchier. This is particularly more important for the peculiar angles and super-wide arm pads of some recliners. You’ll find different proportions of Spandex in the fabric, ranging from 4% to an astounding 15%.
Pattern and Texture
Slipcovers come in different colors and patterns; the ultimate choice is yours. Still and all, you’ll find delicate checkered, bolder floral, diamond patterns, or geometric patterns.
Most slipcovers feature a semi-cushioned waffle texture. Some include a soft synthetic leather, smooth microsuede, and composed velvet plush. Also, you’ll find more attractive patterns for recliner covers, including jacquard forms in jewels tones and faintly raised velvet textures that emulate damask.
Number of Pieces
Recliner covers may come in one-piece, a couple, or even four independent pieces. Buyers might be tempted to assume the one-piece cover would be the easiest to put on and take out.
Notably, one-piece covers are usually designed to extend from the seating surface to the footrest, meaning you’ll have one unbroken piece of cloth. On the other hand, you may prefer four separate cover pieces. The installation here isn’t so daunting.
Discrete covers offer a more personalized and stretched form of fitting appearance. For instance, one piece might be meant for footrest, one dedicated for the back, and another part for each arm.
Perhaps this is the most important consideration. Understanding the measurements of your recliner is essential when choosing a cover that fits the furniture. A considerable recliner should basically cover widths of at least 30 inches. Nonetheless, some of the best recliner covers are said to fit chairs that are over 40 inches wide.
In case you have an extra-large recliner, choose a slipcover with added Spandex so it can stretch further. A typical recliner cover probably won’t fit a “big man” recliner that can measure as large as 45 or 50 inches wide.
The art of having the fabric tucked right into the back of the recliner will often call for tuck tools. Some manufacturers will offer several tools to help keep the slipcover in position. Tuck tools include rubberized cylinders, special upholstery tacks, and typical cylinders to keep fabric cozy.
One big challenge about recliner covers is to keep them on the bottom, so they don’t slip up. Best manufactures provide several ways to maintain a slipcover in place. Other slipcovers are elasticized all over the base. For those recliners with four legs, consider a slipcover that has straps that hook below the chair legs to help keep the cover in position.
Recliner covers with arm pockets can store your TV remotes, magazines, as well as other items for easier access. You can also use the pocket to hold your recliner chair’s remote. Even though pockets are also made of durable materials, avoid overloading them since they could rip or weaken with time.
For quick and straightforward slipcover installation, manufacturers often integrate half-discrete labels to help with the process. Placement labels will also help in positioning the slipcovers.
If your recliner has a manual footrest lever, you may want a slipcover with a small and discrete opening to store the lever for quick access. Not all recliner covers have this feature. Besides, we haven’t come across a recliner cover that has a hole for the button, usually located on one side of an electric recliner.
Still, you could always slip your electric recliner’s remote in the cover side pocket for relaxed access. If you like the feature, make sure the recliner cover of your choice does indeed include side pockets.
6 Best Recliner Covers in 2021
1. Sofa Shield Original Reversible Seat Slipcover
Are you looking for ways to get rid of dust, oils, spills, sweat, and other messes that may spoil your recliner? If so, the Sofa Shield Original Reversible Seat Slipcover is among the best recliner covers that could be a one-stop choice for you. It is a high-quality seat cover, made from solid and reliable material.
It has a reversible feature that allows you to compliment a little variety to your home. In case you’re tired of the same color, you just flip the cover over to enjoy the other side. Similarly, if one side gets dirty, just flip it over to veil the dirt till the wash day.
It’s such a chocolate/beige slipcover that brings ultimate protection for your plush furniture, so it remains in good shape. Machine washable for quick cleaning, and dries quickly.
Once you get the cover in place, your reclining chair will be protected from kids, pets, liquid spills, and other messes that may occur through daily use. With a soft, thick quilted design, this slipcover brings comfort while adding an excellent look to your recliner.
Besides, you get a couple of wide elastic straps to keep it into place while reclining. It’s available in 14 colors and design, so you should enhance your home’s aesthetics with ease.
The cover is not just a perfect match for most chairs, but it also helps in maintaining their right positions short of shifting or contracting. Once you’re done with the installation, rest assured of no problems. Overall, the piece boasts several unique aspects that most covers don’t have.
- Easy to wash
- Elastic strap
- Comes in 14 different colors
- Perfect for most chairs
- Good construction quality
- Easy to install and clean
- Features a gentle, protective interior
- More expensive as compared to others
- The Most Colors: more colors to better fit your individual style; help make your home beautiful, all while protecting your furniture; reversible so you can give your furniture a new look at no extra cost
- Upgrade Your Entire Living Room: finally, a furniture protector that offers all of your furniture a stylish transformation; perfect for your sofa, loveseat, futon, recliner, chair, chaise and sectional, these furniture protectors add a layer of protection while also allowing you to elevate all of your furniture’s style
- Perfect Fit: measure for the perfect fit; sofa cover is for sofas in 70 inch seat width; see the measuring guide in photos for a list of all measurements
- A Better Furniture Protector: the most generous size to cover more of your furniture; features a much higher thread count for an extra soft feel; the thickest and plushest for the most comfort
- Easy Care and Use: tested to be 100 percent machine washable and dryable; features an exclusively designed, patent pending 2 inch thick adjustable strap; strap is engineered to be strong and effective to help keep your cover in place
2. Home Fashion Design Form Fit
If you are searching for a recliner cover that blends in easily, the Home Fashion Design Form Fit is a great piece to consider. This one promises absolute protection for your comfy chair or recliner.
It is offered in a variety of solid colors and designs. Made of polyester fabric, rest assured that this will last longer.
While it’s made to protect your recliner from slipovers, you can comfortably slip them over without any problem at all. Just slip the cover over your plush furniture and get daily protection from both normal and vigorous use from this strapless cover. It has an elastic bottom to keep it in place.
The material used in construction is spill/stain resistant to ensure your recliner will serve for years without being scathed. And with 14 colors to select from, buyers will have an easy time taking one of the best slipcovers home.
The product is designed for most pieces of furniture. However, be sure to take actual measurements with you since you don’t want to buy the wrong size. Once you’re done installing, you should get sustainable protection from pets, kids, and even guests.
- Universal design
- Elastic bottom
- Highly durable
- Made of polyester
- Offered in 14 different colors
- Maximum protection
- Stays in place since it is elastic
- Machine washable
- Not perfect in the curves
3. Link Shades Anti-Slip Grip Furniture Protector
The Link Shades Anti-Slip Grip Furniture Protector is one of the more stable recliner covers. It is made for protection services while staying in place.
Although it may not offer absolute coverage, it ensures that the seat, hand rest, and backrest are wholly covered. The piece is offered in three solid colors, and the whole installation is a breeze.
Another major aspect of this recliner cover is the ability to stay in place. The cover will remain where you put it since it has a non-slip grip back. This grip combines with the elastic straps to make sure the cover doesn’t move even when you’re reclining. Besides, the microsuede fabric is excellent and soft to touch.
You’ll also get some extra comfort by placing the cover on the recliner. This suede material is also resistant to liquids. Aside from being among the easiest to adjust, the cover is machine washable and dries quickly.
When compared to other products, the Link Shades Anti-Slip Grip Furniture Protector is slightly longer and more comprehensive.
- Offered in three different designs
- Universal design
- Anti-skip design
- Machine washable
- Excellent protection from pets’ hair
- Thick layered
- Multiple sizes
- Few color choices
- PRESERVE & PROTECT Innovative grip backing and multiple stay-put adjustable straps keep the cover securely in place to safeguard against spills, drips and other messes, dust and hair. Works with fabric, leather and faux leather. A must for homes with pets and kids.
- VERSATILE USES Complement any room setting, from a living room to an RV. Compatible with a variety of accent chair styles, both armless & with arms: Lazy Boy recliner, rocker, glider, t-cushion, barrel & club chair, as well as massage chairs, RV wall huggers and lift chairs. A convenient side pocket is perfect for holding a remote, book or glasses.
- EASY CARE & DURABLITY Water-repellent heavyweight textured micro-suede fabric is luxurious to the touch. Toss into the washer and dryer for easy care. Durable and long lasting.
- FIND THE PERFECT FIT In addition to the Recliner size (up to 23" seat width), Link Shades furniture protectors come in Loveseat size (up to 50"), Sofa size (up to 72"), XL Sofa (up to 86”). Measure between seat cushions for best fit.
4. Serta 4 Piece Stretch Recliner Chair Cover
The Serta 4 Piece Stretch Recliner Cover is regarded as one of the best recliner covers available in the market. Made of high-quality materials like Spandex and polyester, you’ll certainly get value for money. It is one of the best slipcovers for recliner chairs.
The product comes in four distinct pieces, therefore making it the best slipcover to check out when you want to change your timeworn furniture entirely.
The cover will also give you maximum comfort and convenience with its soft fabric. While it’s easy to use, you can slip it on with little comfort. The product dimensions are 43″ x 42″ x 24″.
When it comes to aesthetics, you’re bound to be impressed by this one; it looks like some of the high-end covers, better than other models in its range. More so, it has a soft putty color that will not only match anything in your room but also extremely easy to clean.
- Soft stretchable fabric
- Machine washable
- Weighs 2.5 pounds
- Comes in four separate pieces
- 90% polyester, 10% spandex
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Soft and stretchable
- It has a smooth, clean look
- Amazingly soft and comfy
- Few color choices
- INCLUDES: (1) Recliner slipcover set, comes in 2 pieces
- MATERIAL: Made from 90% polyester and 10% spandex soft stretchable fabric
- FEATURES: Soft, stretchable and easy to use, simply slip on and tuck into place for a clean finished look
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Machine washable for easy care.
- DIMENSIONS: Fits most traditional style recliners; measuring around the back of the seat, fits recliners 78" to 88" in circumference; fits seat widths up to 24" measuring between the arms; fits arms measuring up to 14" wide. Assembled Dimensions ( LxWxH) 32 x 36 x 45 inches
5. Stretch Sensation Crossroads Recliner Chair Stretch Cover
This is another well-known stylish cover that has been made from a mixture of Spandex and polyester.
It is a standard seat cover that fits well in just about any furniture. With its high-quality material, we can confidently recommend this as a very safe and comfortable to wash slipcover.
It comes in 11 x 4 x 11 inches and comes with elastic straps for added stability. Additionally, the Stretch Sensation Crossroads Recliner Chair Stretch Cover features a microfiber technology, which makes it not just durable but also extremely protective.
- Machine Washable
- Recliner chair slipcover
- Form stretchable fabric
- 96% polyester, 4% Spandex
- The cover is machine washable
- Fits most chairs
- Shields the furniture
- Available in chocolate-brown color
- Very attractive
- Elastic, thus vulnerable to damage
- Not the most durable
- Form fitting stretch fabric fits more furniture styles
- Machine washable
- 96-Percent polyester 4-percent Spandex
- Package Contains: 1 Recliner chair slipcover
- Made to fit most standard size and shape recliner chairs
6. Orly’s Dream Pique Recliner Chair Cover Fit Slipcover
The Orly’s Dream Pique Recliner Chair Cover Fit Slipcover is another exceptional recliner cover that has gained vast popularity over the recent years. Featuring a combination of Spandex and polyester, the product is of great quality and will remain safe even when washing.
It measures 12 x 12 x 4 inches, meaning it’s a standard product that will match nearly all chairs without any issues. To make sure it fits well, it includes some form of elasticity.
Contrary to others, the cover holds tightly to the edges and contours of the chair, and it is stunning. It’s basically designed to offer a smooth fit and a very unique appearance to your furniture.
If you are looking forward to improving your luxury fittings, then this could be the best cover for you. It provides a great approach to your current decor and entirely changes the room’s environment.
- Right side handle
- 97% polyester, 3% spandex
- Side pockets
- Waffle-textured fabric
- Machine washable
- Looks nice
- Comfortable and soft
- Excellent for virtually all chair sizes
- Might not last long enough
- Style: STRETCH Form Fit Pique Style Fabric
- Slipcover Type: Recliner (Please note this item is a Recliner Chair Slipcover Only ! the actual chair is Not included !)
- Brand: Orly's Dream
- Material: 97% Polyester 3% Spandex
- This slipcover is made for a Traditional Manual Lever operated recliner chair
In case you’re still twisted about the recliner slipcover that you should choose, it could be best going through this list. The above cover reviews include some of the best recliner covers, and they function as great as you would expect. They are designed to cover and protect all forms of furniture; from kids recliners and gaming chairs to theatre recliners and massage chairs, these pieces will offer astounding coverage. They are the must have add-ons if you want to protect and improve the looks of your plush furniture.